“Big and updated room”

Novotel London Paddington
Ranked #252 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was not expecting quite the size in London, but I have not really had much to compare. The shower area was super nice and big. The room was a decent size and quiet. The light in the water closet was not quite functioning correctly but I managed since I was the only one in the room. The option to prepay for the breakfast buffett was great and a very good selection, especially for the price. The bar area was ok, just a bit sterile (ultra modern) for a London feel.
The location is good with quick access into the Paddington area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thanks for posting a review about the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your room and it's true that with roughly 25 square meters, our rooms are big and spacious by London standards.

I hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Friends came with us to the Novotel Paddington and we were all very pleased with the hotel and staff.
Nice, clean and spacious rooms. We had drinks at the bar and didn't find them over expensive.We were
all amazed how quiet it was, being so close to the station. Good nights sleep was had by all, Breakfast in the morning for a supplement, you were spoilt for choice. Without a doubt we all agreed we would go back. Also not far to walk from the station.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to post a positive review about the hotel. I was very pleased to read you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the hospitality of our bar team who are always ready to help and prepare cocktails.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Proximity to Paddington Station is a real bonus, but if arriving by train do take note of the directions on how to locate the hotel, about a 5-10 minute walk.

We had a very friendly and efficient welcome, and despite it only being 10.30 am were able to go to our room immediately. The room on the 10th floor was much bigger than other London hotels we have stayed in, well appointed and comfortable. The bathroom was small, with a separate wc, but did have the advantage of a bath and separate shower cubicle. We found everything to be spotlessly clean and fresh.

We did not use the bar, restaurant or leisure facilities so cannot comment on them. We felt breakfast to be ridiculously overpriced so did not bother.

All in all the hotel was comfortable, clean with helpful and very friendly staff, in a convenient location. Would definitely recommend and we will definitely stay there again. Prices vary, so definitely worth shopping around or keeping a look out for Novotel offers.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanBristol
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for such a great review. I am glad to read you had a great stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon and would indeed recommend to go on the Novotel website to get the best rates and also get a promotional price on breakfast at £9.95 per person (and children under 16 eat free for breakfast!.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Spent one night at this hotel in February 2013. Large comfortable room with a great breakfast. Very handy for Paddington station, head for Sheldon Square and the hotel is signposted. You can take a nice walk along the canal too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read you had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed the hotel as much as the location. You mentioned the canal and I have to admit that this is a real gem in the heart of London. I can only recommend anyone staying with us to go for a stroll alongside the canal in Little Venice or walk as far as Camden town.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great hotel, really good breakfast, very friendly staff. Really enjoyed how modern this hotel is. I upgraded my room from superior to executive for 15 pounds per day. Its comes with a Bose Sounddock and a Nespresso machine, impressive!

About a 5 minute walk from Paddington station located in modern upmarket business district. It has a Sainsburys supermarket a minutes walk from the entrance which is nice.

Very impressed, in my experience this is a genuine 4 star hotel - has all that it should have. Also has a nice bar area and excellent free Wi- Fi in the room I upgraded to. Excellent for phoning home on Skype!

I arrived early in the morning from a long flight and asked to check in early - they offered me immediate check in for an executive room which was available - nice touch! Was able to relax in my room by 09:30am. This would make me come back there again.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are great! I stayed in 911 - had a view of the office block across the way. Nothing...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for posting your comments about the hotel.
I was delighted to read you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the room as well as the bar.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a big corporate hotel 5 mins walk from the station. Its a great location if travelling on business, but as a hotel is just another large corporate. The rooms are OK and clean. Although I didn't eat in the bar/restaurant, the food did not look particularly apetising. The bar staff were particularly unfriendly to a point of being surely. However, there are a number of good eating places within 5 mins walk and a Sainsbury Express. In summary - OK for business but thats it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting a review about the hotel. I am sorry you felt the team was not friendly, in particular in the bar. I have discussed your comments with my team as it's not the type of behaviour we want to be displayed. Many thanks for giving me the feedback and I hope you will stay with us again and will notice a difference in the service you receive.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fruit_pastilleUk
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013