“Great hotel”

Novotel London Paddington
Ranked #252 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We really rate Novotels and this was no exception. A great location, good sized room for London, and convenient location near to Paddington tube and mainline stations. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant (after walking out of Tate Modern's restaurant!) and had a lovely meal at a reasonable price. Breakfast was also very good.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

It's always a real pleasure to receive such positive feedback and it highlights that the training we do with the team works.

Many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel is in a great location - about 10 mins walk from Paddington station (where you can get the Heathrow express, national rail trains and the Bakerloo, District, Circle and Hammersmith & City tube trains). It's in an area surrounded by new office and apartment blocks, overlooking the A40 and next to Regents Canal, with only a 5 mins walk to the local coffee and grocery shops. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet, thanks to the soundproofing, but it was on the expensive side, particularly as wifi wasn't included in the price. The breakfast was also expensive, so we decided against it. We had some issues with the customer service - although the staff member which checked us in was friendly and polite she supplied us with a form to complete which contained another guest's personal information. We were also allocated an accessibility room which sadly meant that neither of us were unable to take a bath.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the hotel.

I am sorry that my team provided you with incorrect information on your arrival documents. I have shared this with my reception manager to ensure this does not happen again.

With regards to Wifi, we do have complimentary access throughout the building and in addition, we also have a paying offer for higher speed and download capacity.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had intended to stay at St. Pancras and realised at check-in that I had actually booked Paddington. Reluctantly, I went to Paddington and found the trip easy to make on the Underground and found an extremely friendly welcome. They also have a swimming pool and fitness centre and the rooms are larger than at St. Pancras.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
novotelpaddington, General Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments and I was really pleased to read that your stay with us was a nice surprise!
I hope you will continue to book with us in Paddington, knowing how easy it is to get to the hotel from St Pancras,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years for both business and pleasure.
The location is excellent, especially if flying into Heathrow as it is an easy 10 minute stroll from the Heathrow Express, out of the back of Paddington Station.
As it is so close to Paddington with its many underground/train connections it is a good location to travel around London from.
The location is very much a business district, busy during weekdays, but quiet at the weekends.
The rooms are spotless, well equipped with an excellent shower. Breakfast is good with plenty of choice (with the exception of the tea - which is not so good).
The hotel staff are extremely polite and always willing to help with advice on where to go and the best way to get there.

1  Thank Jackster50

It's always good to receive comments of someone who stays with us on a regular basis - and it's even nicer when the comments emphasise the consistency of our service.

Many thanks for having taken the time to write about the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My first stay here; was here for 7 nights, mostly for work. Staff is very friendly and attentive, rooms are great and very clean. On the first day I discovered that a previous guest had drank half a bottle of sparkling water from the mini-bar and had put it back in the mini bar. When I took it downstairs, they were genuinely embarrased that they had missed that.
This hotel is very close to Paddington railway (and tube) station and very easy to reach with the Heathrow express which runs every day, every 20 minutes or so. Close to the hotel is a good supermarket, a Starbucks and, during weekdays, several excellent breakfast- and lunch shops (Pret a Manger and Tossed for instance)
The only thing that I would like to see improved is the very strange rule that you have to come to the reception to get a new card for the gym- and pool facilities every day. I get that they want you to fill in some health form so that they are not liable but after that I found it a real hassle to have to make that little trip every morning and I did it 7 times.... It's the first time that I encounter this in a hotel.
The other thing is that I could observe that the gym is just too small; every morning between 6 and 7 I saw people coming to the gym and then having to leave because all the machines were occupied; the capacity of the gym is really too low.

I saw a remark that one of the reviewers made about the price of the hotel. I would have to agree that this is a really pricey hotel, so this is not the place to be if you are looking for a bargain.....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Conihor

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review. I was obviously thrilled to read you had a great stay over the seven days you stayed with us.

I am truly sorry for the minibar issue and I have reinforced this with my team.

Regarding your comments on the access to the gym, I am working with my Health and Safety manager to find an alternative way to monitor the gym in order to keep it a safe environment for users.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and never had any cause for complaint other than the reception area always seems to be busy and the queue too long.
Other than that a good location away from the noise of central London.
Rooms clean, bed comfortable.
I would suggest paying the supplement for Executive room and a high floor which tends to be quieter.

Room Tip: High floors offer good views and are quiet in the main!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Good to hear that you have been returning to us many times and that you are still pleased with the hotel as a whole.
I appreciate your comments on reception being busy and will monitor over the next few weeks to see if I can notice any queues to work with my team on improving this.

I hope to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Well this was my second stay at this hotel,and everything was like the first time.Just perfect!Friendly and professional staff,very clean,great breakfast and dinner too.This hotel has a taste of quality and it gives you a superb stay.Nice,quiet and safe location,very close(8`) to Paddinghton and Heathrow express.But...But its so expensive.Too much.In this two years between my stays ,it has been overpriced.I really don`t know if the next time that i will visit London,i will be able to afford the stay of this hotel,or i`ll have to go the (close-by)Norfolk`s square hotels.Yes,i know its not the same ,but its exactly the half price!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your amazing review. It's good to read that over two years, we have managed to maintained the standards we are aiming at.
With regards to prices, they do vary from one day to the next depending on events and happenings in the area, however I would invite you to check the rates on the novotel website as you have a best rate guarantee and we usually do have a number of promotions available if you book in advance,