I must say hats off to the Novotel Group. This is a gem of a place to stay in London. I started the process to book a room from my home in Johannesburg, however I had a few questions i need to ask before completing the booking online. I call the hotel directly and was told that reservations was not yet open but someone would contact me within an hour..ya ya sure they will, was my reaction in thought, but within an hour i was contacted and all my questions answered.
After we had landed at Heathrow we embarked on our journey via the London underground. London has changed over the last 2 decades or so, people in the day to day services whether it be behind the cash till of a supermarket or the person dispensing maps and travel tips at one of the several information stands, attitudes and general courtesy has improved. After much ado we arrived at Paddington Station and trudged to Sheldon Place. First impressions is that the hotel is situated in square blocks of a modern metropolis, however a short trip along the canal and down an ally way beside St Mary’s Hospital takes you to the old world of this enchanting suburb and the charm of its world within.
If you want to go sightseeing this is an ideal place to set up camp and if it’s a nice day put your takkies on and take a walk to Kensington Gardens across to Hyde Park to Speakers Corner, Marble Arch unto Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square…Wow it really is breath taking..The sights, the sounds, the smells, the history and the buildings.
My whole experience with this hotel from start to finish i can only say has been a good one The staff are courteous and helpful, Well done Mr Rapin!
On a final note this is an excellent stay for people on business anywhere in London it’s near all transport hubs and caters for all communication needs, there is also a beautiful pool area together with a small gym and sauna so what better recreation after a hard day in the City than a workout, swim, sauna or steam and then a great meal and a few pints at the Pride of Paddington.
I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star Novotel London Paddington is in the Paddington Central area, easily accessible by public transport and a few minutes' walk from Paddington Station (15 minute link to Heathrow Airport and great connection to all parts of London with 4 tube lines). Enjoy a shopping spree on Oxford Street or take a leisurely stroll to Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. All 206 rooms have free Wifi access and satellite TV. Our Elements restaurant and bar also offer a relaxed dining and drinking experience. The hotel has a swimming pool, sauna and fitness room for you to unwind after a long day exploring London. You can as well use our concierge services to book your tickets for the best West End shows or for numerous attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Novotel London Paddington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Paddington Hotel London
- Accor London Paddington
- Novotel London Paddington England