“Great Spot - Charlize Theron sighting!”
Review of The Kings Arms

The Kings Arms
Ranked #6,925 of 24,121 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British, Bar, Grill
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: A great British Pub near liverpool street station, famous for sports, beers and great food. With 2 bars and a beer terrace there is ample space for you to come and relax and enjoy the ambience. A choice of great food from our Taylor- Walker Burgers and Pies to our Ultimate Fish and Chips, you will have plenty to choose from.
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Attentive bar-staff in an attractive pub with a great vibe - we were in 3 nights in a row in November - the last night we were next to Charlize Theron - even without her it was a spot worth visiting.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Typical pub with typical british food ... doesn't mean it's very good, but it's average I guess.
I had the steak and one of their pudding, it was as I expected, fat and heavy, overcooked steak, not so good, not so bad. The beers are nice though.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Just had to try an English pub during my recent business trip to London. While this one is probably a bit more on the tourist/chain side, I was not disappointed at all. Enjoyed the "Cod Father" fish and chips with the traditional mushy peas along with a pint of Guiness. The Guiness definitely lived up to what I'd heard from others...MUCH smoother than what we get over here in the States (here, it usually has a bit of a bitter taste). The fish was done perfectly, nice and tender and hot, with a crisp batter. The fries were, well, fries. The mushy peas...well, I've tried them...won't be trying to duplicate them at home, or go out of my way to find them again, but I wouldn't hesitate to eat them again if served! I ate upstairs at a small table. Especially liked the fact they had a couple of TVs going with the sound muted. Maybe they turn them up for sports games, but it was nice not having the noise competing with the conversational ambience. I would definitely stop in here again if I return to the area.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

On a recent trip to London for the weekend we visited this pub as they have 3D football on and thought we would give it a go, I was looking forward to a lovely Sunday dinner and a few pints. Beer there was good and they had real ales on, menu was typical pub menu and I'm sure the food is good but we went for the Sunday dinner (and went large) - how disappointing. the choice was chicken or pork, we both chose the pork, not a bit of apple sauce or stuffing in sight, even though we went large it was the normal size of a sunday dinner I would expect to get in a pub (although it did have 2 yorkshire puddings on ) but the most disappointing thing of all was the mashed potato, it had a very wierd taste, its been a long time since I had SMASH and I wont be having it again in a hurry - very disappointing meal. Staff very helpful, atmosphere good, dinner aside it was a nice pub just dont get sunday dinner there.

Reviewed September 12, 2008

Terrific bacon cheeseburger and chips.

1  Thank USTnick