I am a frequent visitor to London, and have to say that the location is perfect. Everything is within very easy reach.
However, i had a chock,when i arrived, i almost thought i had the wrong place. The lobby area is a building site, dirty, dusty and of course not at all welcoming. The staff is no great shakes either. Except the housekeeping, they are terrific.
On arrival i was informed that i was put in a basement room, then perhaps because of my very disgruntled face, told that i had been "upgraded" to second floor.
The one room apartment had windows facing trees and a back yard, so not too noisy, considering the busy streets outside.
Now to the actual apartment - the bathroom is a good size, and while i applaud hotels making facilities available for people with disabilities, it is not always convenient, for me. I would have prefered a bath, instead of a shower stall with a little seat. The washbasin is very tiny, placed very low, and there is no shelves for your toothbrush, cosmetics or anything else, am just happy i am not a man who need to shave daily. If taller than 5 ft. severe back ache would be a certainty. And again no place to put the shaving gear.
There is no hooks or shelves for the towels. They are placed on the closed toilet seat.
The kitchen is good, seems to have been recently refurbished, the only thing missing is glasses. There is wineglasses, coffeecups, teamugs, but no ordinary drinking glasses.
The bedroom/livingroom is an oxymoron. There is a huge flatscreen tv, but placed on the wrong wall. The only way you can watch it, and btw, there is very few channels to choose from, is to sit on the rather worn and tatty leather couch. Not at all comfortable or convenient. There is no coffee table, so if you want to have something while sitting, you either have to hold it in your hand, or use one of the very ugly dining chairs as a table.
The little glass !! dining table and 2 ugly uncomfortable chairs are placed under the tv. At the same time the wall across from the bed is large and bare.
There is no good place to store your suitcases, and the closet is small and not very accessible, being on the side of the bed.
The dressing table is also at the side of the bed, and exceedingly foul, and there is only one bedside table, and one bedside lamp.
The floor is in many places badly scratched, and could do with replacing.
The bed is soft as a sponge, it feels like sleeping in pudding.
My total impression is that the person responsible for the interior design must have been drunk, or of his trolley.
Everything looks like it is trying to look classy, but really ends up looking tacky.
Lastly hey advertise there is a dvd player in the room, i did not see one.
With nice decor, practically placed, a working lobby, and well trained front desk staff, this could be quite wonderful.
As it is, it is overrated and overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in chic South Kensington, just two minutes' walk from Gloucester Road station and with many shops and a wide variety of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, The Harrington - 1 Harrington Gardens is a collection of spacious serviced apartments including studio apartments, one bedroom apartments and two bedroom apartments. Designed and furnished in a contemporary style, your serviced apartment provides much more space and many more facilities than a London hotel room at excellent value in one of the best central London locations. Travel direct to other parts of central London as well as from London Heathrow and from the Gatwick Express at Victoria Station. Most of London's main museums, the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park and exclusive shopping in Knightsbridge are all within walking distance. Your apartment is air conditioned and has a comfortable lounge and dining area, a well equipped kitchen or kitchenette and has flat screen TV with satellite channels and newly boosted free Wifi. Make The Harrington - 1 Harrington Gardens your London address. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your The Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avni Luxury Serviced Apartments Hotel London
- The Harrington London, England