“good location, good value for money”
Review of MStay 146 Suites

MStay 146 Suites
Ranked #133 of 823 Specialty Lodging in London
Turin, Italy
“good location, good value for money”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed there for three nights and I was given a double studio on the top floor. The room is small, but very clean and furniture is new; no carpet (very rare in London) and there is also a small kitchen that could be used for breakfast. The location is very good, just a few minutes away from Baker Street, Marylebone station and Regent's Park.
Reception is open for a limited time, but the receptionist is very efficient and you can contact a nearby hotel in case of problems.
The only downside was the size of the bathroom, very small with no window, though very clean and new.
In case of people with limited mobility, it is advisable to ask for a ground floor room, as there is no lift.
I will go back

Room Tip: In case of people with limited mobility, it is advisable to ask for a ground floor room, as there is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ilariacin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked 1 double and 1 single rooms in this hotel.I was afraid of previous reviews, but hotel and rooms are very very good. The square of rooms was soo big for London!!! Very comfortable beds, every day they clean room and toilet and gave clean white towels. In the room was TV and kitchen, that was so good, because we did breakfast by ourselves. Tesco shop was close to the hotel. The Sherlok Holmes museum on Baker street situated in 3 minutes. May be for some travellers will be not comfortable that reception works only in a day, not 24 hours, but for us it wasnt a problem. It depend of person. We visited London several times, but this time we really liked hotel and how it is situated (in the heart of London). I would like to come back only to this hotel!!! Very good and comfortable lovely hotel! Thank you for my good holidays in your hotel in London! Good job!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Natalia P
London
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Rooms were small but clean. Beds were amazing. Its conveniently located to the underground and supermarket. The one major fault is the man on reception. He was moody and very unhelpful. In dire need of a personality transplant!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Mark O
laval qc
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel April.2013 with my husband and 2 kids. Unfortunately we found it hard to find a hotel in London that could accomadate a family of 4 but we thought we would take a chance. The room felt more like a hostel than a hotel. It was dark and dingy and no natural light.
The shower drain was plugged. We have stayed in many hotels all over the world and we like to stay in nice places and this hotel just did not cut, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Babyruth74
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

In most cities this would be a terrible choice but in London where hotels are generally of a poor standard and of outrageous value this hotel was simpliy dissapointing.
Stayed in a one bedroom apartment at the back of the building next to reception. The room itself was of an average standard for a city that generally offers very poor value for money with accommodation.
The main living area in the apartment was very squashed about 2 meters by 5 meters. In that space they squeezed a kitchenette, dining table and a hard single bed plus TV. The bedroom was more generous and had room for a wardrobe and double bed.
The location was fairly good only a few hundred meters from Baker St station. In London though anywhere in Zone 1 is a good location.
The service at reception was very ordinary and disorganized. My wife made the booking but I arrived on an early flight with my 2 year old son. This seemed to cause major issues for Leonard even when I produced my wife's passport, flight and credit card details. He was determined to make a point that the hotel policy was to get my wife's signature before we checked in because she had made the booking. I don't know if his intention was to keep me and my 2 year old son waiting for 7 hours in the freezing cold or if he was just being precocious either way he didn't seem very intrested in me as a customer. More intrested in making a point about hotel policy.
Leonard had confrontational discussions while i waited with a person on the phone who had been charged too much and was waiting for a refund. Also with a girl in one of the front rooms who was complaining about noise. He handled both conversations in a self righteous arrogant way and was not at all intrested in coming up with solutions for their problems.
I did get access to the room in the end but I had to be nasty and demanding to achieve this. Not how I want to be when I'm on a family holiday

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ferenjiuuu
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place was great. I wanted to stay in the Baker St/Marylebone area because that used to be home and I also knew I could walk everywhere from that location and this place did not disappoint. I was a little worried because it was so inexpensive and there were some not so good reviews on here, but as soon as we open the door to the room I knew we'd chosen right. It's clean and bright, the room was actually larger than I expected too. The kitchenette was great to have because we went down to the Tesco Express on Baker St. and bought bagels and lunch meat and stuff so we could save money eating in for breakfast and then pack sandwiches for lunch out around town. We were put in a basement room but honestly it was just fine because it had full size windows and plenty of light came in. WIFI is free and also works great. Also, I think the traveler photos of this hotel must be old and the rooms must have been renovated since then because they were much nicer looking that the photos someone posted here, and spotlessly cleaned each day.

I also would like to recommend Simply Airports if you need transportation to the airport from this hotel. We took the tube in because it was off-peak time and were going to need to buy a travel card for the day anyway, but it took a loooong time to get into the city. On the way out we were considering taking the express but I seemed ridiculous to pay 20 pounds each and still have to actually get ourselves to Paddington too, and we had an early flight so we would've had leave SO early. Anyway I started checking into car services on the advice of other tripadvisors and found that Simply Airports was only 28 pounds from our door to Heathrow, and that's per car, not per person. I was nervous because there were some not so good reviews out there, but good ones too. The driver showed up to the hotel 5 min early in a very nice, new, and clean Mercedes. He got us there QUICK too, 25 min from Baker st to Heathrow!

So stay at this hotel and use this car service and you'll be well taken care of!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple