“Location good..... Service not so good!!”
Review of MStay 146 Suites

MStay 146 Suites
Ranked #131 of 895 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Rooms were small but clean. Beds were amazing. Its conveniently located to the underground and supermarket. The one major fault is the man on reception. He was moody and very unhelpful. In dire need of a personality transplant!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark O
There are newer reviews for MStay 146 Suites

Reviewed April 17, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel April.2013 with my husband and 2 kids. Unfortunately we found it hard to find a hotel in London that could accomadate a family of 4 but we thought we would take a chance. The room felt more like a hostel than a hotel. It was dark and dingy and no natural light.
The shower drain was plugged. We have stayed in many hotels all over the world and we like to stay in nice places and this hotel just did not cut, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Babyruth74
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

In most cities this would be a terrible choice but in London where hotels are generally of a poor standard and of outrageous value this hotel was simpliy dissapointing.
Stayed in a one bedroom apartment at the back of the building next to reception. The room itself was of an average standard for a city that generally offers very poor value for money with accommodation.
The main living area in the apartment was very squashed about 2 meters by 5 meters. In that space they squeezed a kitchenette, dining table and a hard single bed plus TV. The bedroom was more generous and had room for a wardrobe and double bed.
The location was fairly good only a few hundred meters from Baker St station. In London though anywhere in Zone 1 is a good location.
The service at reception was very ordinary and disorganized. My wife made the booking but I arrived on an early flight with my 2 year old son. This seemed to cause major issues for Leonard even when I produced my wife's passport, flight and credit card details. He was determined to make a point that the hotel policy was to get my wife's signature before we checked in because she had made the booking. I don't know if his intention was to keep me and my 2 year old son waiting for 7 hours in the freezing cold or if he was just being precocious either way he didn't seem very intrested in me as a customer. More intrested in making a point about hotel policy.
Leonard had confrontational discussions while i waited with a person on the phone who had been charged too much and was waiting for a refund. Also with a girl in one of the front rooms who was complaining about noise. He handled both conversations in a self righteous arrogant way and was not at all intrested in coming up with solutions for their problems.
I did get access to the room in the end but I had to be nasty and demanding to achieve this. Not how I want to be when I'm on a family holiday

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ferenjiuuu
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place was great. I wanted to stay in the Baker St/Marylebone area because that used to be home and I also knew I could walk everywhere from that location and this place did not disappoint. I was a little worried because it was so inexpensive and there were some not so good reviews on here, but as soon as we open the door to the room I knew we'd chosen right. It's clean and bright, the room was actually larger than I expected too. The kitchenette was great to have because we went down to the Tesco Express on Baker St. and bought bagels and lunch meat and stuff so we could save money eating in for breakfast and then pack sandwiches for lunch out around town. We were put in a basement room but honestly it was just fine because it had full size windows and plenty of light came in. WIFI is free and also works great. Also, I think the traveler photos of this hotel must be old and the rooms must have been renovated since then because they were much nicer looking that the photos someone posted here, and spotlessly cleaned each day.

I also would like to recommend Simply Airports if you need transportation to the airport from this hotel. We took the tube in because it was off-peak time and were going to need to buy a travel card for the day anyway, but it took a loooong time to get into the city. On the way out we were considering taking the express but I seemed ridiculous to pay 20 pounds each and still have to actually get ourselves to Paddington too, and we had an early flight so we would've had leave SO early. Anyway I started checking into car services on the advice of other tripadvisors and found that Simply Airports was only 28 pounds from our door to Heathrow, and that's per car, not per person. I was nervous because there were some not so good reviews out there, but good ones too. The driver showed up to the hotel 5 min early in a very nice, new, and clean Mercedes. He got us there QUICK too, 25 min from Baker st to Heathrow!

So stay at this hotel and use this car service and you'll be well taken care of!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley F
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Arriving at the hotel it is hard to be sure you are at the right place - there was no obvious sign! But once you are inside your room you will probably be delighted. Mine was lovely and clean, well equipped, has good fast FREE wifi and is spacious. There were even two towels folded to look like swans on my bed. All in all I was very surprised to get such a nice room at a great price, very rare for London.
On the downside, as the hotel does not have 24 staff in the building when a rowdy person returned at 5AM there was not someone in the building to notice. That said they are available in the other hotel building just down the road and only a phonecall away from the phone in the room. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
I can recommend this hotel and will stay again. They are many local restaurants and its very convenient if you are commuting in and out of Marylebone station.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business