3 of us managed to get some last minute tickets for the 02 but, unfortunately, there was not a hotel room to be had for miles at such short notice on the night in question.
I then stumbled upon Zen apartments in Canary Wharf and what a stroke of luck it was.
I read various reviews on TripAdvisor, some of them less than complimentary but I can only say that our experience was exceptional.
The apartment was comfortable and clean. The location was perfect and only one Tube stop away from the 02 so getting to and from the event was stress-free.
A previous post makes reference to being shown to a room by "a Middle Eastern" woman and the owner being an "Indian man." - What has this to do with a review (negative or otherwise)?
We were met by the very pleasant, helpful and cheerful Aga who made us most welcome.
The communications before, during and after our stay were very professional.
I agree that the rattling of the DLR was a minor issue but this is London. (Londoners have put up with far worse in its history!) We were exhausted by the end of the day anyway and it would have taken a Space Shuttle launch to keep me awake.
I will definitely be using Zen Apartments again in the year ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Premium Two Bedroom Apartment certainly has a WOW FACTOR! It's a combination of luxurious furnishings, modern and high quality of equipment, very spacious with dining area and private balcony. Large bright 2 double bed bedrooms. Free access to swimming pool and gym in the building. Remarkable views on Thames River and Canary Wharf and the City. Set in a quiet residential area, each Zen apartment features 2 bathrooms, 2 double bedrooms, and a kitchen. Strictly no parties allowed. Very conveniently located with 2 types of the transport nearby: about 50m from DLR Station, 5min walk to Canary Wharf Underground Station, parking available if pre booked in advance (surcharge applies) Zen Apartments offers free Wi-Fi i The O2 Arena is 3 minutes' tube ride and London Bridge can be reached in 10 minutes on the Jubilee Line.Set in a quiet residential area, each Zen apartment features 2 bathrooms, 2 double bedrooms, and a kitchen. Guests can enjoy scenic views of Canary Wharf and the city.Conveniently located to reach many London attractions, these apartments offer easy access vibrant locations such as Covent Garden, 20 minutes' tube journey, Stratford, 15 minutes by tube, and the exciting West End, only 20 minutes' by tube from the property. Bars, bistros, restaurants are within 10 minutes' walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Discovery Dock - Zen Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Dock Apartments Hotel London
- Discovery Dock - Zen Apartments London, England