TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,205 results
All reviews peckham lodge peckham rye station bus stop bus service clean rooms english breakfast triple room stayed here for nights central london short stay reception area booked this hotel full english wickham overground adapter
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Pros: Marco from Italy at Front Desk Was the Best, Thank you !

Near 24 Hr Bus, Short ride to Central London, Good Location. Yes I would stay here again even with issues, because of location. Area on the run down side, but seems very lively.

Cons: NO Wifi the Whole time we were there, (this is a needed must for us) even though I would hear them giving out the password and telling guests its temporary down, but read reviews here and it's been down for awhile. When we arrived, I was not happy with the fact that they wanted photo copies of our passports, even though I asked not to copy, but just record the info, the gentlemen quickly turned and went to the back room to copy. I do understand now that it may happen for out of country guest, even though I carry a UK Passport. Next, I asked for the best option available to us , we arrived at 430 PM. Got our room card, 1 room with 2 twin beds, went to the room, barely had room to even open our suitcases. View of 2 walls in a corner outside. The bathrooms are super small also, I must say the room are updated brightly though. So, went to the front desk to see if we could get anything bigger, I also asked about the room they were originally going to give us. The same gentlemen now says the room is not ready as there is to much paint odour, um ? He then said the hotel is fully booked and most likely I will not be able to move into a larger room tomorrow either. He also stated that if anyone else comes to the hotel , they have to turn them away, I asked even those with a reservation, he said yes, um , weird , cause they were still checking people in later, when I was in the Lobby. I also asked if since there was no WiFi, maybe we could have a complimentary upgrade to a larger room tomorrow if able, but he quickly stated that the WiFi is Complimentary and they don't have to give us anything. They also were always reminding me that we booked with Best Western Rewards, so we seemed much less important. The next morning I was able to move to a larger room, thank you very much for that, with no issues, although I was reminded again I was a "Best Western Reward Guest" ,and was told there were rooms today, the gentlemen last evening was just not wanting to move us. I must say though, that the gentlemen that originally checked us in , told me he was a supervisor type (not sure what that means) , was nice to talk to, just did not have the best responses when you talk to him. Maybe a name like Zaros or such, not sure.

The Hotel is like a maze, it can be confusing when getting to your room, and one elevator they have also only holds 2 people , or 1 person and 1 piece of luggage.

We had Pizza in the restaurant the last night, took 1 HOUR to get our pizza, all customers were waiting long for there food, but this was due to 1 cook not at work. Within that hour the restaurant started to have some smoke, the front door automatically closed for safety reasons, then eventually opened again. The Pizza was large, but just OK.

Hopefully the pictures I have included help.

Room tip: Ask for a updated room
1  Thank schultzfamily
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Location is optimal for touring the city, great staff, very helpful and friendly. The rooms are cozy and very clean and the soap/bath gel provided is exceptionally high qulaity. Internet not available for the whole stay, unfortunately.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very good stay. Good located near to 24h bus stop. Very nice breakfast. Very good quality of hospitality and nice reception staff specially Dana and Carlos as well. I will definitely come back. Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2019

Spotlessly clean, bedroom was very small but very comfortable bed, small bathroom but very clean with good towels Check in was very slow..WiFi did not work for the whole 3 days we were there. Staff were friendly breakfast was good.

Reviewed September 17, 2019

When I made the reservation I phoned the hotel directly and told them that I would be paying with a Best Western gift card and wanted to make sure they didn't run my credit card used to hold the room. "No problem", said the clerk, just note that on your online form and I will also note it here. So I put a note on the form saying this. When we arrived we again told the clerk that we would be paying with a gift card. "No problem". So when we check out they say "you are good to go, we charged it to your credit card". Arrrrgh! So we told them to take it off my card and use the gift cards which elicited a response of "you should have told us this earlier, now our system is down and it will take some time to do this". So we went out to breakfast (food at the hotel didn't look that good_ and about an hour later came back to find that they still hadn't straightened it out. Eventually, they took the charge off my card but kept an extra $12+ on a gift card, later emailing us a copy of the card and saying that we could use it. When I asked them to mail me the card they never responded. Other than that, the hotel is about 40 minutes from the center which was not unexpected. The room very basic and the beds uncomfortable. The wifi never worked and there were no adapters available to charge our US phones etc. The room was quite noisy and we could hear people in the halls and rooms next to us.