“Alright for the price I guess.”

Best Western London Peckham Hotel
Ranked #562 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Alright for the price I guess.”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Was okay. The room felt a bit like a prison cell. For a four person room I expected it to be a bit bigger really. We had barely any room to move. Our only window was covered by a big building and being in the basement floor it felt so dark. No tea or coffee in the room and for £107 for a night I thought that was a bit ridiculous even a Travelodge has that which would have been cheaper and had more room and a mirror!) Our shower was cold after like 4 minutes so one of us had the chance to shower.

The staff were lovely though which was the only reason we didn't kick up a fuss! When we got stuff outside of our room at 5am cos a friend lest early and locked the door they helped us in :)

Don't even get me started on the 'carpark' it was a building site and just ridiculous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
PeckhamLodge, Loredana Codrean / Assistant Manager at Best Western London Peckham Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Many thank for taking the time to leave us an extensive review. All reviews, even constructive are more than welcome.
We hope to see you soon again to rectify this experience.
Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Was given the worst and the smallest room ever, without hot water and any mirror in the room. Size was literally 1 cubic meter. Switched to another room, a bit better, but completely different from the photos on booking.com. All people gather at the lobby for internet connection (no wi-fi in room) and just to spread the wings, as there is nothing to do in the room. First floor, so every car passing by will see what you are doing. We were forced to keep windows closed all the time (5 days, 6 nights) . No chairs, no fridge, no ventilation in the toilet, so your friends/relatives will enjoy all the smells coming from it. They also charge you 3.50 pounds for every person for the breakfast, though we used to shop at the closest grocery store and "KHF" bistro. Neighbourhood is frightening. The price was normal and we didn't expect any luxury at all, but just that fact that you get worst room, while hotel can offer you something better killed all the magic from the trip at the very beginning

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Peckham Lodge London. I am extremely disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please do allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Peckham Lodge, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.
We hope to see you soon again to rectify this experience.
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I booked the Peckham Lodge as a cheap bit of overnight accommodation, after visiting London for a gig at the Brixton Academy. I was slightly apprehensive about the area, having heard bad things about Peckham, but had no issue at all. The hotel itself was clean, well furnished, bed was comfortable, staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. If you're looking for some simple, well priced, no thrills accommodation for a night, I'd recommend Peckham Lodge.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank lukedmyers
PeckhamLodge, Loredana Codrean / Assistant Manager at Best Western London Peckham Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment your stay on Tripadvisor.

Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Perfect room for me, mum & sister. 3 single beds. Lovely power shower. Bright cheerful décor. Unfortunately the hearting didn't work in the room, but we were promptly given an extra duvet each. There were 2 bedside lights that didn't work; not that that was a big problem to us. The hotel was very busy, staff were efficient and friendly. I wasn't disturbed by noise in the night, though mum & sister heard some hustle and bustle; we were there Friday night. I would definitely go back. It was very good value for money. Some restaurants just up the road, and a bus stop just outside the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Steph A
Thank you very much for your review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised after having read the reviews on here about the lodge. The rooms were discos and clean, bathrooms was nice, room was warm and staff were friendly. I stayed on first floor on a Saturday and didn't find it noisy at all. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Niamh M
We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you soon again.

London
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I booked into the Peckham lodge for a stay overnight with my friends. It was the worst hotel I've ever been. I used a tea cup to make a cup of tea which were provided in the hotel room, as soon as I poured the hot water from the kettle in the tea cup it then cracked and burned my leg. The faulty teacup had a slight crack in it already and they still provide it. The staff at the reception desk are very rude and impolite. It was the worst customer service I ever experienced. This hotel is nothing but absolute filth and I would never revisit it again. I would rate the Peckham Lodge zero.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stacious B
Newport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2014

i stayed with a friend, we booked a twin room , when we finally found the hotel, we were put in the basement, the front of house staff were not friendly. Our room was a cupboard with a double bed and BUNK BEDS..squashed in it, there was no room to move. The bathroom was tiny, and grubby..the shower head filthy. There was no remote for the tv, i asked twice, eventually after our night out..the remote appeared.The room was cold, we had to use our coats over the thin quilts.However the night staff were friendly . The area is grubby and unfriendly. We would not want to stay there again..in fact it has put us off spending any time in London.

Room Tip: ensure the mattress and pillows have protectors