“Fantastic Hotel”

The Wellington Hotel
Ranked #503 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and I did not previously leave a review as I felt the rooms were somewhat tired, although the experience was good overall. However, they have clearly spent a substantial amount of money because the rooms now are incredible. The theme throughout this refurb is obviously "London Town" with underground station signs and London landmarks decorated everywhere. You are in the heart of London when you are here and it is nice to recognise this within the rennovations.

I will be looking to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side of the train tracks and the new double glazing did a great job of soundproofing

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have stayed before and enjoyed it alot so came back. This is a great location with the underground over the road. It's a beautiful building inside.The staff were very helpful and polite it's a lively pub at the weekend for all ages they serve food till late. Our room had been refurbished and was really modern clean and warm. Word of warning keep windows closed at night as it can be noisy with the trains and early morning workers. In the morning we were greeted by lovely helpful smiling staff nothing too much trouble. The breakfast menu absolutely brilliant you could not want for more my husband had a full english breakfast I had the express breakfast which was two eggs lovely bacon and toast plenty for people who can't eat too much. Plenty of fruit cereals orange coffee you will not leave hungry. Well done on your customer service we will be back.

Room Tip: Keep windows closed at night due to some noise as always in any hotel in London.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caron c
Reviewed April 25, 2014

To be frank, our expectations were fairly low because of the very reasonable price, but we were extremely impressed. The comfort and cleanliness of our en suite bedroom were of the highest quality, and these standards were maintained throughout our stay. The choice of breakfast was very good, and the quality and quantity could not be faulted (particularly the bacon!)
Staff were very friendly and helpful, and David and waitress Nicole deserve a special mention.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, as the location is also perfect, literally across the road from Waterloo station. It is a busy pub, but in our room, we were not troubled by noise, as we were away from the main road and the other side from the railway.

We would certainly re-book this great venue for another stay in London

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Was down in London as a friend was running the marathon and we wanted somewhere to watch the Scottish Cup semi final between Rangers and Dundee United. The staff in the Wellington were very accommodating and changed one of the TVs for us so we could see it. Spent a few hours in here and would recommend the pub as it was very friendly and spacious. The mural on the ceiling of the battle if Waterloo is amazing also

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2014

With a warm, friendly welcome, a beautiful historic building and a very high standard of personal service, The Wellington at Waterloo is genuinely one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. Mine was a booking at short notice prior to a job interview, and I really cannot praise the hotel highly enough. The hotel team were great and really friendly and helpful - my (huge) suitcase was carried up and down to my room for me, for which I was extremely grateful - the breakfast was tasty, and I was able to leave my bags securely at the hotel even after I'd checked out whilst I was at the interview. The hotel has just been refurbished and my room on the top floor (room 9) was very stylish and swish - and a special mention to the wonderful en suite shower too! Great location just a stone's throw from the South Bank, Westminster and The Old Vic (to name just a few), this would be a perfect spot from which to explore London on foot. I'd recommend the Wellington to anyone looking for a characterful, friendly, stylish and reasonably priced place to stay to enjoy their trip to London.

1  Thank Katy J
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

It's a ok hotell, but it is loud outside at night. The rooms are small. And the breakfast was awful.
And if you like shopping, it's far from the main shopping areas. But other then that is was fine, nice bed, tv and hot water. And the wifi was ok. And it is not far from the Big Ben and "the eye"-thing.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The good:

Really clean room
Great shower
Friendly staff
Nice breakfast
Great central London location, right next to tube station
Free WiFi

The bad

Small bed
Room was ludicrously warm. So much so I struggled to sleep the first night. It wasn't so bad once I opened all the windows and the staff gave me a fan
Right next to the train station so there's a lot of noise. Ear plugs are essential

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business