The Wellington Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswaterloo stationearplugs providedlively pubno liftpub with roomsroyal festival halllondon eyetrain noisefull englishold victop floorsouth bankset us up for the dayfirst floorbusy roadflights of stairskey card
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We used this hotel as we went to see a show in Waterloo and thought this was an ideal location. We arrived, superb location and easy to find. Staff directed us the Hotel check in at one end of the bar - clearly labelled but as pub was very busy we hadn't seen it. Lovely atmosphere and was greeted immediately, was advised of breakfast times and given key, then shown entrance to use so that we didn't have to walk through pub to get to our room and shown to room. I was really surprised at the quality of the room, it was lovely. Shower was superb. The road outside in Central London was busy (which is to be expected) but once you shut the windows it was fine and the hotel do supply ear plugs if needed but we didn't use them. Went down to breakfast in the morning and lots of options to choose from as well as full english breakfast which was really lovely. I think this was excellent value for money in Central London and would not hesitate to recommend and use again. I had a lovely birthday in London thanks to The Wellington.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel which is directly opposite Waterloo Station. The pub is very busy at night but we did not need the ear plugs provided. Excellent breakfast, very easy check in, and well located. I would recommend this hotel. Basic but good for the price.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I was so pleased to find a fairly inexpensive hotel located conveniently close to waterloo tube and many of London's attraction's (London Eye 15 mins walking) and I wasn't disapointed when I arrived. The pub was busy when we got there but we were shown to our room quickly. Becuase the pub was so full we couldn't see the sign for the "reception" to begin with which isn't thier fault but if the same happens to you reception is a small area located at the far left hand side of the bar. The room was a little noisy with traffic noise but I think that is to be expected in central London and wouldn't stop me going back. Breakfast was not exceptional but certainly very nice. I would stay there again and recomend it as a clean and convenient place to stay at a resonable price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jane__r30
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The Wellington couldn't be in a better position if you are arriving at Waterloo Station with heavy bags - just stumble out of the station and cross the road to the hotel.
Our first thought on seeing the hotel was that it is worryingly close to the railway lines and busy road. However, the building is solid with double glazing and they thoughtfully provide ear plugs so we had no trouble sleeping.
The rooms are comfortable with good beds, modern bathroom and state of the art TV. They also provide good quality 'smellies' and bottles of water with the tea/coffee.
The staff were very attentive and we were made to feel very welcome, despite arriving when the pub was busy.
The breakfast was pretty good, although my one gripe was that they ran out of some things like croissants and yoghurts very early on and the one member of staff serving seemed hard pressed to cope.
I would certainly stay at The Wellington again.

1  Thank Peter Mills
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The Wellington at Waterloo is excellent value for money. The best shower I've encountered in any hotel for a long time and the best scrambled eggs. It is opposite Waterloo railway station, which is very convenient, although Waterloo Road and the trains mean it's a bit noisy. The thoughtful placement of ear plugs in the bedrooms was very kind (although I never travel without my own) and despite my expectations to the contrary I had an excellent night's sleep. Free WiFi in the spacious and very clean room as well was brilliant and all of these factors, together with its location opposite Waterloo, make me very likely indeed to use this hotel next time I'm in London on business (or indeed leisure).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the road - mine did and it was noisy (although it didn't spoil my sleep or my stay).
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business