“A fine cup”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We popped in for an espresso and a macchiato while in the neighbourhood and were impressed to find such good quality: focused aromas of arabica, smooth body with strength. Such a great find. Not having any quota for snacks I did not try any of the bakery items, but they did look enticing. Service was nice. To me the coffee itself is worth the visit. What a stunner.

1  Thank gyywong

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Reading through the other reviews about poor service I fully agree. Ordered toasted sandwich ham and cheese and waited 15 minutes, after which my friends sandwich arrived. Waited another 10mins and then questioned the waiter who said it will only be another 3mins. But as pervious customers said, they don't even apologise. Eventually waited another 10mins before it came. By then friends food and drinks were all finished already.

Very pathetic service - won't go back again.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

They make a nice coffee but absolutely terrible service on two separate occasions.

First time: I went there for lunch with a friend, it wasn't overly busy (about half of the tables were empty). We ordered soup and a toasted sandwich. The soup arrived quickly, but was cold. We sent it back, and it came back a few minutes later having been microwaved and stirred. The dish was not re-garnished and the same toast was served (i.e. it was cold). Around 20 minutes after ordering, the toasted sandwich was still nowhere to be seen. I asked about it and they admitted that they had forgotten to make it (no apology offered). It was still another 10 minutes until it arrived, by which time my dining companion had well and truly finished her soup. They presented us with a full bill. After we complained about the poor service, they reluctantly took the sandwich off the bill.

Second time: I ordered a take away coffee. After waiting for around 15 minutes, during which time the person who took my order looked at me several times but didn't say anything, I asked where my coffee was. The waiter replied that it had been made already, and someone else took it because I hadn't claimed it. I said that I had been standing nearby and hadn't heard anything, she insisted that she had called out several times and that I should have collected my coffee. Either I had contracted temporary deafness or she was being untruthful. Regardless, I had paid for a coffee and they had apparently given it to someone else, but seemed to think it was ok to tell me that this was my fault. I asked for my money back and she grudgingly returned the money, commenting again that she had definitely called out that there was a coffee ready.

I work nearby but won't be going back. It's one thing to be inefficient, but another to also be unapologetic and rude when questioned about it. As I said, the coffee is good but not worth the nonsense.

2  Thank London1232014
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a Sunday breakfast of some tasty scrambled eggs, however it was a small portion for the price and an additional £1 per rasher of dry bacon! Service was slow and unfriendly and the Coffee was burnt. 2.5/5

1  Thank Matt386
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We went for breakfast on a Sunday and were sensible enough to get there soon after they opened because it's tiny and by the time we left, it was full. The pancakes were some of the best we've ever had. They were light and fluffy and utterly delicious! Lovely freshly squeezed juice and one of the best cups of coffee made for two very satisfied customers.