“OK if you want to watch football”
Review of Ciao Bella

Ciao Bella
Ranked #619 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went with a group of 7 friends and we were seated underneath the TV, which was showing a football match. This was distracting and it felt like we were being watched as eyes were transfixed on the screen above our heads. Despite this it was difficult to get the attention of the waiters as they were more interested in the match than serving the customers. We asked for the TV to be turned off and were refused but in their defense at least the sound was off. The main pasta dishes were of average quality and I was disappointed with my started of avocado vinaigrette which was literally half an avocado with oil poured in the hole. The 2nd bottle of wine we asked for didn't turn up so we had to ask again and one of the main dishes was wrong so 1 of our party didn't get their main course until the rest of us had nearly finished. I appreciate that mistakes happen but I put this down to the distraction of the TV. With so many Italian restaurants to choose from they should probably up their game. I certainly won't be visiting again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Brilliant restuarant just try it. Book early as always full. Great with kids. Great staff very friendly, brilliant basic italian and very good value for money.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Good enough food, very NOISY and definitely not a place for an intimate meal for two. Good enough italian food and cheery hard pressed waiter. When we ordered 'another bottle of wine' the waiter tried to press us to spend another £12 per bottle which i didn't appreciate.
Worth the visit but i will not be rushing back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are looking for a cozy Italian restaurant, with delicious food and friendly staff you must visit Ciao Bella! Located far away from busy and noisy streets, this place delivers amazing atmosphere and mouth watering dishes. I was invited there for my leaving do and the place just charmed me, from Italian themed decor, traditional food to lovely and friendly staff members.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I had a great evening here on a recent overnight stop in London. Food was typical Italian fare, well cooked and presented, and at a reasonable price. If you like space, this isn't the place for you - you will most likely (as we were) be seated up close to other diners with many of the tables pushed together. We were lucky to have some very friendly, and interesting people sat around us (including a couple of well known TV/Film personalities). This made for a very enjoyable evening with lots of chatter and laughter. The great atmosphere is created, not by the Italian staff, but the clientele. All in all a very good place which we wouldn't hesitate to visit again if we are in the area.