“Great location with latest amenties”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #220 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The Indigo is a short walk from Paddington station in an area with lots of restaurants and pubs. The rooms are a little small but the contemporary decor is fabulous. Room 106 even has a small balcony overlooking the rather drab neighboring buildings. The facilities are up to date with spectacular bathrooms and furnishings. There is free wireless internet. There is a small brasserie in the hotel that seemed decent but I did not try due to the wide range of inexpensive restaurants in the area. Really convenient when arriving on the Heathrow express in London.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Linforth, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2010

Superb review, Many thanks. I was glad to hear you got one of our balcony rooms.

We can wait to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Paddington again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,949)

Reviewed October 4, 2010

One block from Paddington station and the Heathrow Express, it's hard to beat the location of Hotel Indigo. Our very comfortable room looked out on a park and was wonderfully quiet. Just about any ethnic restaurant you could want is within a few blocks. The bar and restaurant in the hotel were very good, too.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Many Many thanks for your kind review on our hotel. I agree Norfolk Square gardens opposite the hotel is quite beautiful this time of year. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

I am actually staying at the hotel right now and I decided to write this review because our room is way too noisy and can't sleep at all!! Our room is facing London street and there are people talking loud all the time.This is the noisiest hotel room I've ever stayed at. This is HORRIBLE!!! I fell a sleep and then woke up to someone yalling out there. I wanted to write a good review since the room itself is very nice, but If I can't sleep for 3 nights straight.....that is a huge problem. DO request a room on the back side of the hotel if you want to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank superusta
Linforth, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2010

Please accept our sincere apology for the disturbed first night sleep you had due to the outside noise in London. Please be assured we are looking into methods to resolve this problem. We are assured you had a restful and peaceful further two nights after you were moved to a rear hotel room for remainder of your visit.
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and we do look forward to welcoming you and your mother back to Hotel Indigo Paddington in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

Never being in London before, my friends and I took a gamble when making hotel reservations. We selected this location because it was a brief walk from the Heathrow Express at Paddington Station (a MAJOR plus to consider).

Arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a warm and helpful staff that promptly stowed our luggage, explained how to use the underground system and answered a host of other first-timer questions such as "what is blood pudding" and "does Her Majesty wear a crown while vacuuming"

After a morning of exploring this amazing city we returned for check-in to receive our rooms. Though small by North American standards, the space was utilized for maximum efficiency and comfort. The decor was very European almost Ikea in style with a comfy pillow laden bed and modern bathroom.

The hotel itself is very modern in design (awesome stairwell) and includes a peaceful courtyard for guests, a well equipped gym and restaurant that served till late in the evening. Of all the amenities the hotel and location had to offer, the biggest asset is the staff.

During our 9 day stay, we made an overnight trip to Paris which sadly did not go as expected. When we returned to the Indigo our taxi was greeted with open arms by Peter and Wesley (alias Trainee) welcoming us home. That simple act of caring made us forget all about our harrowing journey and easily sums up the attitude of Indigo’s staff; genuine appreciation of their guests.

My short term memory (possibly dropped as a child) does not allow me to remember every name however the entire team consistently provided 5-star service. As a final note of recognition I would like to personally thank the employee that helped me get my luggage to Paddington Station. His act of concern Most likely prevented me from making an unscheduled stop to St. Mary’s Hospital.

So if you’re planning a trip to London and looking for a hotel, I strongly recommend the Hotel Indigo.

David Mosebach
Pittsburgh, Pa

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank PittsburghDavid

WOW, a home away from home is exactly what we strive to offer each and every guest. What more could we ask for in a review. Many many thanks for taking the time to write such an amazing account of your stay in London. We do hope you manage to get back to London soon so we can answer any further questions you may have. And yes Im assured the queen does wear her crown whilst cleaning the palace.

Yet again many thanks and we hope you have a comfortable journey home.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I was booked to stay in this hotel in July but unfortunately my mum passed away suddenly a few days before I was due to stay. I fully understood that I could not have a refund and asked if I could re book after the funeral, which was on the day I was due to arrive at the hotel.I was told this was not possible and that if I didn't give them a date for re booking before my date of arrival, I would have to lose my money. I did inform the person concerned that at the time I did not know when I would next be in London but that it would be within a couple of months but to no avail. I have written 3 letters to the manager which have not been replied to, so as the manager seems to reply to review put on here thought this was my only hope.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank JanJanwales

Many thanks for contacting me and that we have resolved the missunderstandings. Please be assured each and every guest comment good or bad is reviewed by our customer services department and action taken. I look forward to meeting you at Hotel Indigo when you stay with us soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed at the hotel indigo over the bank holiday weekend & had a lovely time. The hotel in 2 minute walk from paddington station, so it is not in central london, but it is easy enough to get around on the tube! Hyde park is a 10 minute walk away as is the start of oxford street.
The room was a little on the small side,but was perfect for what we needed.... The Shower was amazing..
The staff were helpful & friendly.
Drinks were responsibly priced, didn't eat at the hotel aswe were out & about. We got breakfast at the italian coffee shop next door which was awesome.
Have booked to stay here again in December.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomase77

We agree Paddington is a great location to stay when visiting London. With 3 underground lines and the main station. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay hopefully next time you you visit London you will consider Hotel Indigo Paddington again.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

My husband and I used the Heathrow Express to Paddington Station. This modern hotel is conveniently located within a short walk from Paddington Station and the Underground. There was also a pick up spot for one of the tourist double decker bus companies across the street. There are at least a dozen restaurants and pubs within a block from the hotel. There was not free in room internet access, but I was allowed to use the computer in the lobby at no charge. The staff was pleasant and professional.

The only negative was late at night there was a bit of noise from patrons of a nearby pub. We were so tired from our sightseeing that we were able to quickly fall asleep in the cozy bed.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kerrinhp

We are proud of our hotel and of course cozy beds. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Please accept our apology regarding the noise from the pub next door. We are rectifying this issue.

Again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.