“Fantastic stay.”

Ranked #187 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from our stay in London and we chose this fantastic hotel. I thought the staff were brilliant and did everything to cater for all our needs, the hotel was kept very clean and excellently maintained. All in all this was a very friendly and welcoming, very clean and well presented hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Stek87

Many many thanks for your recent review and we could not have asked for more than hearing you had a fantastic stay with us.

We do hope you also have a fantastic Christmas and New Year and we do look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Christmas Greetings

Malcolm Linforth-Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 15, 2013

it is very modern and had all the facilities I would expect. This is a real plus given the area it's in. Everything throughout the Hotel is modern with a designer look. Perfect for a quick over night stay or to use as a base visiting London. Not a hotel to spend locked away in the room.

Room Tip: The little Italian coffee shop next door (while it doesn't look modern) make great coffee.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank zipzip1977
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Zip Zip
Thank you for taking the time to write a recent review on our hotel and as a senior contributor your kind words means so much more to us.
We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon next time you are over from Dublin.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Really handy if you are taking the Heathrow Express train from Paddington Station.

Modern and interesting rooms, but smallish.

Lots of reasonable restaurants in the immediate neighbourhood.

Restaurant and bar right on the main floor.

Small elevator but larger than some in London. Room for a couple of big cases.

Bar outside noisy until 10 or so but quiet street after that.

Room Tip: Seem to be a variety of rooms so might want to check it out first.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Wintertraveler
Many thanks for your recent review on Hotel Indigo Paddington and we were pleased to read our location and hotel was perfect for your needs.
We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon and hope you had relaxing flight back home.
London
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a very nice looking hotel and the staff are very friendly however it misses the basic requirements to what I deem a good hotel.

1) no parking - difficult and expensive to find parking.
2) we were told that we had 3 groups before is for breakfast and the wait could be long. I ordered room service and was given 2 eggs, a mushroom and toast for £14. Hardly a full vegetarian breakfast.
3) the shower was very spacious however the water temperature kept changing. I just like a nice shower with warm water... Is that too much to ask????

It may seem to you that I am one of those fussy people that wants everything for nothing but I genuinely am not. Overall a pretty nice hotel but I wouldn't pay £170 a night to stay here again. Its a £70-80 a night place.

As I am a football fan I'll leave you with this. This hotel is like the Arsenal FC team of recent years: has the potential to deliver quality however falls short as the basics and fundamentals are not there!!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sally123333
Dear Sally
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and were pleases to read you found our hotel and staff friendly and nice.
Please do accept our apology regards the parking situation. I must admit very few guests arrive with a car due to the parking situation a driving in central London.
We would also like to apologise about your vegetarian breakfast as this surprises us as all our guests choose what they want on a breakfast from our extensive list of items.

I can assure you that we are looking and investigating why your shower temperature fluctuated whilst you were taking a shower.
We do hope that you do consider using our hotel again and please do contact me personally should you book and we will ensure you receive VIP treatment and service throughout.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Came here to stay for a night whilst in London with work and I must say, what a find!

The rooms are clean, nicely decorated with all the amenities that you need and specially the staff are brill :-)

Good price to considering you are not far from Hyde Park and Mayfair and close to the tube.

Would recommend advance booking as you can get some really good deals!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mimmo2210
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Guest
What a fantastic review which we thank you for.
It really is good to read our staff surpassed themselves as normal.
And we do look forward to seeing you soon
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I have just enjoyed 2 nights at the Hotel Indigo Paddington where I have stayed previously. Again I had a beautiful if not rather small room with loads of features & comfort.
I did have to call to make sure I got an upgrade as a Platinum member but this seems sadly to be normal nowadays. Good service from friendly staff. I'll stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Julian A
Dear Julian
It really goes without saying that it is a pleasure to host IHG platinum members and whenever possible we do offer an upgrade to ensure our guests comfort and thanks for using our company.
As your review states- they do say the best things in life come in small packages and this goes for Hotel Indigo Paddington.
And we do look forward to seeing you soon
Kobe, Japan
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

After many great stays at the indigo hotel at earl's court-kensington, I decided to give their paddington sister hotel a try.

The hotel is located at 16 London street and is a stone's throw away from paddington station. There are lots of grocery stores and restaurants near the hotel.

I booked a single room and boy what a tiny room it is. It almost feels claustrophobic. The room was decorated nicely but has no view to speak of or room to relax.

After a few hours a larger room was avaliable and the staff upgraded me at no extra cost.

The executive room was spacious and again well appointed.

I are at their London street brasserie however if I were to stay there again I would definitely give it a miss.

Should my plans take me back to paddington, I would only book the executive room as I don't think I could have dealt with the small size of their standard rooms.

I paid 140 pounds on a Friday night. I hear that the rooms Monday - Thursday are much much higher.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on our hotel and we do apologise that your booked single room (Double for sole use) was not as you would have expected. I was so pleased to read that our staff did go out of their way to find you a larger room for you to upgrade to at no extra cost.
Please do accept our apology that our Brasserie was not to your liking and we do apologise that at peak times it does indeed get very busy.
Should our sister hotel in Earls Court not be able to accommodate you, we do hope that you do stay with us again as I would like to recommend you book a king bedded executive as I know this will be more to your liking.