“EXCELLENT place to stay!”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #168 of 1,088 Hotels in London
California, md
“EXCELLENT place to stay!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a horrible experience at a nearby hotel and walked into Hotel Indigo looking for a room. We were greeted by amazing staff members who completely took care of us. One in particular stood out above the rest..Tamara at the front desk. Not only was she incredibly friendly, she truly took care of us and I feel like she is now a friend. AMAZING place to stay. If I make it back to London, I would most certainly stay at Hotel Indigo again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam M
Linforth, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Pam M,

Thank you for your fabulous review! We feel truly honoured to have such a lovely guest stay with us, and the team all thank you for your comments. Tamara in particular sends her warmest regards and hopes to see you soon! We are delighted to have been able to make your stay enjoyable, and hope to be able to do again so many times in the future!

With best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in March for one night... Rooms were small, but large bathroom. I was alone, but with 2 people, it might have been a bit cosy! Did not get wifi to work, but was not in the hotel for long - Lots going on around and you are a few mins walk from the tube or train station (paddington). Easy hotel, friendly staff... Would go back again...

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Linforth, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel - we are so glad that you would come back to stay with us again in the future. Apologies that the wifi did not work - if you do experience this problem any time in the future please do let our front office team know and we will immediately find out the issue.

Hotel Indigo Team
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel after a year and was pleasantly surprised by the receptionist who remembered me and welcomed me back. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is at a great location seconds away from Paddington station and minutes away from three other tube stations. The rooms are a bit small and if you have a lot of luggage you will be at a disadvantage but the hotel makes it up for its cleanliness , modern bathrooms, comfortable bed, free wifi, free mini bar, iron and tea/coffee. The maid who makes the evening rounds is so welcoming and offers you to pick up any amount of choclates ,tea , coffee refills etc. Have always been able to get a room early in the morning and late checkouts.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are slightly bigger with queen beds instead of double beds so ask the receptionist...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

we are so glad you had a great stay with us - whenever you are back in London we would be delighted to see you again!

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel :)
West Midlands
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm a fan of the Indigo Hotels, they are gently quirky, comfortable and in general the staff are great. Having stayed in the Glasgow Indigo for several weeks during 2011 and at the Edinburgh Indigo in the summer of 2012 I was keen to try the London Paddington hotel.

I got my chance at the end of February, and for the most part I wasn't disappointed.

On a bitterly cold weekend, it was warm and cosy with a lovely comfy bed and luxurious bedding. Reception and housekeeping staff were great and really helpful.

Overall it was a lovely relaxing weekend and the only let down was the restaurant where I had breakfast. Service wasn't great, food average, and because there's a door straight in from the street it feels more like a public cafe than a hotel breakfast room. Not a disaster, just not the relaxing breakfast I enjoy indulging in when staying in a hotel.

However I let the hotel know in my feedback and Sofia the Reception Manager has promised to make sure my breakfast experience is better on my next visit - which is next week. Definite evidence that Indigo Paddington takes service seriously, and something that I really appreciate. If it wasn't for the breakfast glitch then I'd have rated this as excellent.

All in all then a good stay and I'm heading back next weekend for another weekend break.

Overall I'd recommend this as a good base for a long weekend in London, and there's the added bonus that the hotel is within a stone's throw of Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are delighted you enjoyed the hotel room and amenities. Regarding breakfast, we have taken your comments very seriously and implemented an improvement plan to the breakfast - we sincerely hope this was evident in you next stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon! Thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

with best wishes
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great location. Good price. Room size was better than I would expect for the location and price...bath room was very slick and functional..... very pleasantly surprised. Staff was very welcoming, accomodating, and all round above par! Price included internet and water/soft drinks in the mini-fridge. As a priority club member i received turn down service and a chocolate. Overall, from both amenities and service perspective, I felt like I was at a much more expensive property. A friend was staying a short distance away at the Hilton Metropole for 100 GBP more /night but wished she had selected this location. Nothing was bad at the Hilton Metropole at all, but she just felt I got a lot more for what I paid than she in regard to amenities. And I still got points into my Priority Club account, which is something I usually cannot do when staying at boutique hotels. At the Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, I got the uniqueness and higher-end feel of the boutique hotel but also the perks being part of a larger chain.

Room Tip: I had room 209. Quiet, good size.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed you stay - feedback like yours is what makes it all worthwhile for us! please do come back and visit us soon :)

with best wishes.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I joined my husband for the first time as it was our anniversary using his reward points for one night and I was very surprised by the room and the reception staff.
We arrived at 8.30am to leave our luggage, however, Sophia, a very professional and welcoming girl managed to checked us in at 9 o'clock even knowing that check in is after 2, she explained us many things about the hotel facilities and the sorroundings, then she took us personally to our room and showed us all the facilities.
When we went to our room our luggage was already there, a letter wishing us a happy anniversary with very nice chocolates and the confirmation of the restaurant reservation done at 8pm were on the desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing..!!! We really felt in a boutique 5 star hotel after the great service received on our arrival. We were amazed how she managed to do all that in 20 min and she remembered exactly the restaurant name and the time we were planning to go.
After 10 min she called us and asked if we were happy with the room and with the reservation time.We had a wonderfull dinner cameback at Indigo and checkedout earlyin the morning as we were flying to Paris and sophia was again at reception with a very friendly boy (Mario)booked a cab for us and our suitcases were moved from the luggage room to the car while we were having english breakfast...
Best service !!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giorgiana S
Dear guest,

thank you so much for your lovely review - it is such a pleasure to receive great feedback on our team, and we continue to try and make all our guests have as enjoyable and home from home experience as possible. sophia and mario both say hello and thank you for your lovely comments, as do the rest of the team! we hope to see you soon.

with best wishes
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Having had some bad experiences of hotels described as "Boutique" I was very pleasantly surprised by Hotel Indigo, Paddington. Unusual exterior, beautiful interior and great staff. I was welcomed as a priority club platinum member, a nice little box of chocolates and a turn down service! The room was well soundproofed being on a main street, just two minutes walk from Paddington railway station and the bed was to die for - so comfortable, oh and a great bathroom and overall decor. All in all a great experience and I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sunshineonleith123
We are delighted that we have been able to give you an enjoyable 'boutique' stay! It is so rewarding receiving feedback like yours - thank you very much for your review. Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.