“Great stay in Paddington” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo London-Paddington

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #149 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great stay in Paddington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stay for one night for vacation.

I pick Hotel Indigo Paddingtion because I need the hotel close to Heathrow Express after 6,000 miles flight. It is about 2 mins walk from platform. The hotel has cozy decoration, but quite small room. Bed is very comfortable and bathroom is clean as standard of this type of hotel. Wifi and minibar are complimentary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback it’s always great to hear what our guests are thinking! I must agree our location and proximity to the Heathrow express does make it ideal after a long flight. I do hope that you will return to us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rauma, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Love this hotel due to its location and rooms. Rooms are very small but have everything what is needed on a short break or business trip in London. The complimentary minibar is a life saver when arriving late in the night to hotel. The bathrooms in Indigo hotels are always the thing as they have rainforest type showers and plenty of room and a luxury toiletries.
Hotel is a short walk away from Paddington train and tube station.
Would not recommend for families with small kids due to the small size of rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Indigo Paddington in the near future.

Kind regards,
lowestoft
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Four of us stayed at The Hotel Indigo Paddington recently. As none of us were driving we found it very easy to find the hotel from Paddington Station. The rooms although not as large as we were expecting were of an excellent standard. We used PC points for this stay, so the room price
was not prohibited. I do not think their advertised price would sway me to stay here again - although it would be my first choice if i got a reasonably good deal. Even in the area that it is in I found the Bar and Food prices to be excellent value. I have stayed in other hotels charging way less than here for accommodation and double the price for food and beverages. The service by all the staff was excellent and beyond what I was expecting. The only down side I have to say was the quality of the breakfast ( thus 1 star rating less ) , although it was fairly good. It was not as hot as would be expected when being served to you - on buffets this would be ok by me. The bacon looked like it was under a grill for about five seconds as it was so anemic looking. This is only a small negative observation in such a wonderful hotel and it would not stop me in any way returning. To me good bacon is the most important part of breakfast - so next time i'm sure it will be nicer and that extra star will make it 5.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Kind regards,
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The property was quite clean, modern in style but cozy, and the decor and ambiance were lovely. I felt it was consistent with the brand as a boutique hotel, and it offered all the requisite amenities (bath products, phone, television, etc)but many other nice touches throughout like robes in the bathroom, complimentary bottled water, hand held hair dryer, and a Wonderful dining area. The beds were very comfortable for my taste - soft without being saggy! All of the staff we encountered were professional, accommodating and friendly. The hotel is on a quieter side street just a short walk from the Paddington tube stop which was very convenient (as long as you realize that Paddington does put you a bit on the edge of the typical London sights).The nearby cafes and restaurants offer a good variety if you don't want to venture too far.

Room Tip: Rooms here will be on the smaller side, the lower level rooms do not have a view and the majority of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SouthernTucker
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
This feedback is the perfect way for all our staff members to know the effort they make every day to provide an excellent and unique service has reached our guests. I was pleased to hear that you found the room to be to your taste and that you appreciated all of the other “touches” that we provide, your feedback and others like it are the main reason we continue to try and enhance stays in this manner.
We hope we can welcome you back to us in the near future.
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Hotel Indigo, Paddington is situated only a 3 minutes walk from Paddington Station and Heathrow Express. The hotel has a friendly staff. The rooms are clean, and the complimentary soft drinks in the minibar come as a nice surprise. The hotel lacks a proper lobby and breakfast is not included in the room price which is disappointing considered the price of a standard room is GBP 205 per night. I have stayed in other London hotels which clearly give you more value for your money.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really enjoy hearing what our guests thought of the hotel. I'm glad that the location and the hotel fitted your stay. I was sorry to hear that you felt us to be expensive side compared to other hotels you have stayed in, I would recommend booking early and taking advantage of one of our advance purchase discount rates if your booking window allows in order to get the best deal for the hotel. I do hope that you will consider coming to stay with us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to us.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I worked in hospitality for 10 years and was so excited for my stay at Hotel Indigo. It was my last night in London and I wanted to be close to Paddington Station to catch the Heathrow Express to the airport in the morning. Service at check in went smooth as expected. Room was small, but the color and character made up for it. Room had small balcony, complimentary beverages and modern bathroom. Bed was plush and comfortable. Cleanliness was above standard. My only regret is I only had one short night. I hope to come back to London to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hotel Indigo.
It is especially delightful to receive such a great feedback from a hospitality colleague that knows from a close view the effort put in by all at the Hotel to keep a high level of service and standards for our guests.
We hope you came back to London on a future and we can have the privilege to welcome you back.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is very close to several convenient stores, a couple of restaurants, and a couple of pubs. It is just a short walk to the underground. The hotel staff is very nice and helpful. I would not stay here again, because for us it was not the best fit. I would have preferred a better location (closer to attractions) and a larger room. I am familiar with the smaller rooms sizes in Europe and in larger cities, but this was the smallest I have ever seen. I had to walk sideways just to get into the bed and I am a petite 5'2" woman. We barely had room for our luggage. I will say - the hotel was clean and had cute boutique touches. They stock the mini-bar with complementary water and soft drinks which was a really nice added amenity.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments; it’s always great to hear honest feedback that we can use to help us improve. I was sorry to hear that we were not the best fit for you as a hotel, we try to cater to all needs but the size of some of our rooms are limited by being a converted Victorian Townhouse. I would recommend that if space is a factor to try booking one of our executive rooms which will give the extra space needed. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and thank you again for your comments.