“This hotel is really small”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #183 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Louisville, Kentucky
“This hotel is really small”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is very close to several convenient stores, a couple of restaurants, and a couple of pubs. It is just a short walk to the underground. The hotel staff is very nice and helpful. I would not stay here again, because for us it was not the best fit. I would have preferred a better location (closer to attractions) and a larger room. I am familiar with the smaller rooms sizes in Europe and in larger cities, but this was the smallest I have ever seen. I had to walk sideways just to get into the bed and I am a petite 5'2" woman. We barely had room for our luggage. I will say - the hotel was clean and had cute boutique touches. They stock the mini-bar with complementary water and soft drinks which was a really nice added amenity.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments; it’s always great to hear honest feedback that we can use to help us improve. I was sorry to hear that we were not the best fit for you as a hotel, we try to cater to all needs but the size of some of our rooms are limited by being a converted Victorian Townhouse. I would recommend that if space is a factor to try booking one of our executive rooms which will give the extra space needed. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this property during the Olympics. The hotel is a 2-3 minute walk from Paddington Station which makes it extremely convenient to get to/from Heathrow. I took the Heathrow Connect which is the other Heathrow train: cheaper but not as fast but still very quick.

The hotel room was surprisingly large compared to what I had stayed in in London. The rooms are nicely furnished and very modern. There's free wi-fi and free soft drinks and water in the mini-bar.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area around the station so no need to worry about food options. Hyde Park is about a 10 minute walk away and the shops on Oxford a bit further down (25-30 minute walk). The hotel being next to Paddington Station made it very easy to get around the city. As I was there for the Olympics, the extensive network of trains at Paddington made it a breeze to get around to the different venues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Indigo Paddington in the near future.

Kind regards,
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Loved this small chic boutique syle hotel.Rooms a very small but we didn't spend much time there,very clean and never had to call for anything,mimi bar stockedwith water,soft drinkd daily,several convenience stores all along st.Staff very helful,walk to Paddington Station for underground/trains,walked to Buckingham Palace through Hyde Park(almost across the street).Suggest eat breakfast at cafes down the road or around the corner,less expensive and better.Would stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really enjoy hearing what our guests thought of the hotel. I'm glad that the location fitted your stay, being so close to Paddington Station and Hyde Park does allow for our guests to easily see so much of the City as you said. I was sorry to hear that you felt breakfast could be better; I have passed your comments on to our Chef and hope that you will return to us soon and be converted. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to us
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo the night before we left England after a great week there. We found everything to be terrific. Reception was extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us a glass of champagne for our 32nd anniversary which was very nice. Our room was compact but really nicely sized for our visit. The style factor of the room was great- fun and lively while being very comfortable at the same time. Great bed. In fact, Hotel Indigo was really delightful and for a reasonable price. We loved it!

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from street for quiet. There is no pool but I could not unmark the rating above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Happy Anniversary! . Thank you for choosing to share it with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we are all looking forward to having you come and stay with us again soon.
Cardiff
Reviewed November 8, 2012

So convenient. Rooms compact but very well equipped clean smart and modern. Breakfast hearty and tasty. Evening dinner food ok (steak excellent) and service throughout was excellent. Everyone seemed to enjoy their job and actually to care, which gies a long way when describing this place as excellent.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely comments; we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed all of your comments on to the team especially our Head Chef who was delighted you enjoyed the steak. I do hope that you will be returning to us soon and I look forward to welcoming you back to us.
Dongguan
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is one very good hotel. Situated only 4 minutes from Paddington station and the airport express train, heathrow to central london in 15 minutes. Staff very helpfull and the room whilst small was more than enough room. Breakfast was excellent. I stayed in room 414 and can reccomend the queen rooms. The free Internet and the free soft drinks in the minibar. I can honestly say that I would 100% reccomend a stay here. In fact I stayed again 3 days later after a trip to wales.

Room Tip: Queen or king room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed our location and the service provided. Many thanks indeed for complimenting our services and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.