“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #184 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location of this hotel is ideal for visiting central London, I think it was about a 15 minute walk from the tube station. The rooms were quite small but spotlessly clean and rather stylish.
We really appreciated the complimentary soft drinks kept in the fridge.
Would use again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for leaving your comments it’s great to hear that you thought the hotel to be “stylish” having a hotel that is designed to be different to others it’s great when our guests like the style that we have. I’m glad that the location was ideal for your trip and I must agree it does allow for easy access to central London. I’m glad to hear that you would use us again and I look forward to welcoming you back to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had stayed in the hotel last Saturday, and I had arrived at the hotel around 9:45am. I was not expecting a room to be ready and was prepared to leave my bags there while I go exploring London.

But the staff surprised me by working really hard to find me a room. Within 30 mins, my room was prepared. The room was facing the park, and it was bigger compared to the other hotels I was staying a few days ago.

The room was clean, and comfortable. I love the complimentary soft drinks, and the rain shower. The service is great, and location is excellent.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, I’m pleased to hear that we were able to “surprise” you and get you checked in early so that you could use your time to explore the city! Thank you as well for your lovely comments about the staff, I will ensure all of your comments are passed onto them as well. I’m glad that you said you will definitely come and stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Chicago
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here recently at the end of a business trip. The location was great -- just down the street from Paddington Station and access to the Heathrow Express (the best way to get back and forth to Heathrow). The rooms are not spacious, but the bathrooms are fully updated, the rooms are decorated in modern style with plush linens, and tea service along with a variety of soft drinks and juices are provided free of charge. Great area to take a stroll in the evening. The staff was pleasant and helpful without exception. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TallRedChicago
Thank you for leaving your lovely comments about your stay with us. I must agree our neighbourhood does allow for easy access to Heathrow yet still a quiet and intriguing area easily discoverable during a evening stroll. I’m sorry to hear that you felt the rooms to be on the small side, unfortunately we are a converted Victorian Townhouse and so not all of our rooms are of a standardised size, I might recommend booking one of our Executive King Rooms though if you do require that extra bit of space. Thank you again for your comments and I do hope that we will be welcoming you back to us in the near future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After arriving from the US and a 9-1/2 hr flight, we took the Heathrow Express to the hotel to find the most welcoming staff. Since it was before noon we didn't think our rooms would be ready, but in deed the rooms were ready with a upgrade to a larger room. Wow what a great hotel, great common areas as well as great rooms. Since we only had one day to see the city, the staff suggested we take the hop-on-off bus and made those arrangements for us. On our way back to the US we returned to spend 2 nights and again everything was perfect. We recommended the hotel to our entire family and they all loved it. Thanks again to all the staff in the hotel as well as the restaurant. They made our stay very memorable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
WOW!! Thank you for your lovely comments, it’s always great to hear when our guests have had such a good time with us, especially concerning our staff who I will ensure hear all of your comments as well. We all hope that you will return to us soon so that we can extend our welcome to you
Nova Scotia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Indigo Paddington for one night. This was the second Hotel Indigo I stayed at on this trip (the first being Hotel Indigo Glasgow) and I was almost as impressed with the Paddington location as I was with Glasgow. I like the Hotel Indigo concept and hope to stay at more of their hotels in the future. The hotel is new and modern.

Our stay was a Priority Club reward night. We had a king executive room. As a Platinum Priority Club member, we had access to free pay-per-view (though we didn't have a chance to use it) and a complimentary mini bar (pop and water).

We arrived early (around noon). I had requested early check in in advance, and our room was ready when we arrived. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Our room was on the 3rd floor and faced London Street. I didn't notice much noise from the street. The room was a good size as London hotel rooms are normally quite small. In addition to the king-sized bed, there was also a small sitting area. I liked the art in the room. There was a print of the Norfolk garden across the street, as well as another large blown up print above the bed. The TV in the room was huge. The bathroom was an OK size (not huge), well appointed, and with Aveda toiletries.

I mainly chose this hotel due to its proximity to Paddington Station for the Heathrow Express. The hotel is about a block away, which was very convenient.

The only faults I can think of were that there weren't bathrobes provided and the elevator was slow (we took the stairs instead).

I would definitely stay here again. You can't beat the location for the Heathrow Express.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Indigo Paddington in the near future.

Kind regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Let me start off by saying this was my first trip to London and we arrived first thing in the morning on an overnight flight from NYC, so we were exhausted. We went to the hotel to check our luggage knowing our room wouldn't be ready so early however the desk clerks were very friendly and told us to check back in a bit so we went for a walk and cafe. After 2 hrs we went back to the hotel, to see if a room was ready, and to our delight there was! We were able to check in early, settle in and take a much needed nap.

There's a restaurant/cafe in the lobby where we ate breakfast each morning - the eggs are yummy and the Greek yogurt with pistachios & honey is fabulous! We even did room service which was quick and delicious.

The location is wonderful - literally steps from the Paddington tube/train station and bus stops which made getting around a breeze. I loved London and can't wait to go back, and will definitely look into staying at Hotel Indigo again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Kind regards,
Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Although we usually use the Intercontinental Hotel Group [Holiday Inn, etc.], we had never tried their Indigo listings—but TripAdvisor reviews convinced us for this 4-day London part of our trip. Succinctly put, we were ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED…so please take a look:
Staff—unbelievably helpful, courteous, knowledgeable, and multilingual.
Room—gorgeous; spacious for relaxing, movement, storage, and/or work.
Bed—queen-size, luxurious, wonderful to sleep on [with a large choice of pillows].
Bath—full-size; amazing shower design; huge, thick towels; heat-bar for drying towels; great hair dryer; complimentary soaps, lotions, etcetera.
Balcony—large, privacy-screened, and pleasant.
Work area—great desk, shelves, multi-outlets [for both American and British electric connections].
Location—only a 3-minute walk to Paddington Station for subways and trains [with short rides to main London sites/attractions—plus a 15-minute express train to Heathrow Airport!]; lots of restaurants [all price levels], bars, convenience stores, pharmacies, general shopping, and all the rest.
As we checked out of the hotel, we decided to sign the guest book—and we wrote only one word: SUPERB!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
WOW indeed! I don’t know where to begin in thanking you for your lovely comments that you have left regarding your time with us hear. It’s always so great to hear about the good times that our guests have and we really do appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. I have shared your comments with my team and we all hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!