“Absolutely fantastic restaurant”
Review of Murano

Murano
Reserve with OpenTable
Murano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We went for a short trip to London last week and I always check Tripadvisor for hotels and restaurants. At first I had no idea Murano was one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants, just went from Tripadvisor to Murano's site and then I found out. Thought we couldn't afford it but they give you an option to have a set lunch for 25 pounds and that's when we made a reservation. It is a lovely restaurant with excellent food and a wonderful staff. Everything was perfect and please don't hesitate to go too. We for sure can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank hetden

Reviewed July 11, 2009

Murano deserves its current #1 TA Popularity rating for London restaurants. Before our visit I researched London restaurants and decided to select one of the popular Gordon Ramsay estiblishments. Picked Murano after remember seeing Angela Hartnett on Iron Chef America. With that pedigree we figured the restaurant had to be great.
We were right. Our visit was fantastic from beginning to end.
Every course was perfect. The staff was excellent. A truly great meal and evening.

Reviewed June 30, 2009

My husband and I and another couple just completed a trip to London and Paris. The best meal of our trip was at Murano's. The restaurant is small and nicely furnished. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The food was spectacular. My husband and the other gentleman in our group ordered from the Chef's menu, while I split the veal with the other woman in our group. We all had a wonderful experience trying a variety of dishes and desserts. Truly fabulous.

3  Thank thetravelingfool4537
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Could not fault this restaurant - Food great - Good value for central London - No complaints.

2  Thank winston100
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We had read reviews here and in the papers about Murano, and went with just a wee wee bit of hesitation to this lovely Mayfair spot. We booked about 6 weeks ahead by email from the states, and they were very helpful in getting us a reservation for a Friday night. We arrived in smart denim (we didn't want to fuss with packing a suit for one night) and felt welcome and at home immediately. The decor is a mix of modern and classic--felt sumptuous without being overdone. The service was attentive but unpretentious--we certainly ordered one of the cheaper bottles of wine on their extensive list, but weren't treated any differently. The bread, Sicilian oil, and prosciutto that started the meal were perfect and almost rustic. We went with the three course meal, and got very good advice on our choices, which were simply delicious (and this is according to two fairly picky foodies.) My scallop salad was surprisingly fresh, and my husband's lobster taglionlini melted in your mouth. We had the duck and the rabbit for mains (although everything else sounded equally delicious) and polished off our plates--servings were generous without being overdone. And I couldn't stop talking about my pistachio souffle, not to mention the 8 different ice creams, petit fours, and basil-chocolate truffles that were sent to end our meal. It was wonderful, and more than we hoped for. On hearing it was the first night of our honeymoon, they sweetly wrote "Congratulations" on our desserts.

To top it off, our waiter, Jose, was very kind and open--and hearing that we were food lovers on our honeymoon, arranged for a kitchen tour and a meeting with the chef impromptu. It was a perfect finale to a special meal. We came away feeling content and satisfied and a little giddy.

7  Thank jangela