“Top class with a twist in the menu”
Review of Murano

Murano
Reserve with OpenTable
Murano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Top class with a twist in the menu”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Having a Michelin Star and 4 AA Rosettes means that you know you should be getting a good meal. I arrived earlier than my partner and whilst I decided just to have some water while I waited at the table they still delivered me some canapes. I then enjoyed them all again when they delivered them to us both! I really liked the fact that the menu was different in that it was not separated into starters and mains but listed and you could decide which was your starter, which was your main and if you wanted to go tasting you could add other courses in between. Each dish would therefore be either a main size, a starter size or a tasting size. We decided to go for 5 courses and all were very good indeed. The service was just as I like it, very good and yet still friendly. Without having asked for it we were at the back of the restaurant where you can see into the kitchen and this made it even more interesting as I like to be able to view a kitchen. It was a sort of chef's table area and if you are looking for somewhere to have dinner for 8 people a great place to be seated as you are slightly separate and private from the rest of the restaurant with a view into the kitchen. This was the first time I had been to this restaurant, for some reason I just didn't seem to get around to it but it won't be my only visit.

• Visited January 2014

London
“Great birthday dinner”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We booked Murano Restaurant for a birthday dinner for 2. Our table was originally booked for 8.30 pm but we arrived in the area early and called the restaurant to check if we could arrive early. Absolutely fine as your table is reserved for the evening - so we arrive at 7.15 pm.

We started with pre-dinner drinks - vodka tonic and tomato juice plus the usual bread and proscuitto, parmesan balls etc., The menu is pretty flexible so you can order 2 starters, 2 mains etc - there is no pressure to conform. We ordered for starter the rabbit - which was slightly under cooked in places and red mullet which was good. For main course - Turbot and Lamb - both dishes were beautifully presented. Desert - pistachio souffle with chocolate sauce is a regular favourite. The staff also provided a special banana birthday treat for my husband to celebrate his birthday - which was a nice touch.

We have dined at Murano 4 times before and love the intimate dining room atmosphere and the attentive service. There is no hurry or need to vacate your table early - which is a plus when so many restaurants restrict you to just 2 hours at the table.

The meal including cafe for one, a bottle of wine and water £188.00 including 12.5% service for 2 people. This is a top restaurant and you would expect to pay this sum. My only negative comment is that there are alot of extras pre-courses and without these you might leave the restaurant a tad hungry as portions are on the small side.

We very much enjoyed our dinner and would return again.

• Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Ali and Ray made this a really fun occasion.”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I hate trying new places and usually go to restaurants where they know me. A colleague recommended this place and I was thrilled. Ali and Ray were so lovely. We had a wonderful lunch and I returned for dinner that night. After dinner have a drink at the Chesterfield just 1 block away. Manos, the bartender will take care of you.

• Visited March 2014
London
“Some Great Dishes, but need to expand the winelist with new world wines...”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

A birthday celebration which delivered. The service was excellent and engaging. The staff were happy to share thier views on the food served and wine list. In my preference for an alternative tonic water the staff were prepared to go and find my choice, although ultimately I stuck with theirs. All the courses were excellent, with the exception of the Fusilli with crab and tarragon, where the tarragon overpowered the taste of the crab (a personal taste perhaps).. The higlight for me was the seabass, although the cheese board run it a close-second. It's worth mentioning that the wine list focuses on the "old world" and I believe could be improved with some "new world" additions.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A rather unexciting meal”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Went there for Valentine's dinner. Service, although generally very pleasant, was oddly slow at the beginning despite the restaurant being half empty (around 7pm). It took a long time for anyone to come by for drinks and the menu. The food was pleasant but somehow did not feel particularly memorable or worth shouting about. The restaurant got more lively as the evening went on. Our sommelier was great though!

• Visited February 2014