“This one of the great places to eat in London a modern Italian”
Review of Murano

Murano
Reserve with OpenTable
Murano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I have been lucky enough to eat here a few times and we were not disappointed yesterday evening. Busy on a Thursday so booking is always recommended. The staff were friendly as usual, everything there is like a well oiled machine a lot of staff, but you don't really notice them unless you want something. The turbot was delicious, my wife had the sirloin with macaroni which was a lovely twist. The desserts were excellent especially the souffle. We will be going back as soon as possible. The only downside, for me which may be a bit old fashion was that a couple walked into the restaurant with the lady dressed smartly and the man wearing a pair of old shorts a what looked like trainers. Other guests who were dressed smartly also gave this couple some weird looks. You are paying high prices for quality and good service, you actually don't expect to see in the evening someone looking like they have just come off the beach. The staff said nothing ?? I thought this was a bit strange so did other guests. I hope this was an oversight, because when I checked about dress code I was advised smart casual...However, the food and service were brilliant as usual

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Atmosphere seemed a bit stiff when we arrived but this soon softened as we hit the fizz to celebrate meeting old friends. The more 'upfront' front of house were professional and good fun throughout the evening whereas the more junior lads were less so / unclear as to who had ordered what and too keen to clear away before we were ready.
Our party of four were positive regarding food choices - I was with the exception of the tepid turbot that was undercooked. I preferred Pollen Street's version which I thought was great (previous review)
We had a lovely evening, food good, wine excellent (well guided by the sommelier).

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had (20th anniversary) dinner at Murano on 3rd June. It was the best meal I've eaten in any restaurant. Sweetbreads for starter, duck for main washed down with an excellent wine. The flavour balances were superb. Relaxing décor and discrete but attentive service helped to make it a really enjoyable experience; one I hope to repeat before too long.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Having had a wonderful meal at Marcus Wareing the previous day I was wondering how this would compare. A different style of meal but of outstanding quality served by staff who made us feel comfortable from the first minute. I particularly enjoyed the pasta dish I had for a starter, the fish main course was excellent but the rhubarb desert was the highlight. The set lunch was extremely good value for a restaurant of this calibre. Will certainly be back for more on future visits to London.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This proved a lovely, calm place for a lunchtime meeting. We ate from the less expensive (£30) lunchtime menu which was superb - meticulous attention to detail with everything including the Parma ham offered as an 'amuse bouche' . The courgette flower tempura and fresh pea salad starter was perfection. My main course seabass was perfect too - just set as fresh fish should be. The strawberry dessert was light and could be enjoyed without worrying too much about the calories. The 'by the glass' page in the wine list had some interesting items - helpful for diners with work to do in the afternoon. The service was unhurried and discreet - lots of explanations of the food if needed. I shall be returning soon.