“Interesting wines from the South of France”
Review of Murano

Murano
Reserve with OpenTable
Murano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my third visit and I will certainly be returning as I like the food here. However, as I said in the review I wrote after my first visit, I don't think this is genuinely an Italian restaurant.

In my first review, I said that the wine list is expensive and overpriced. I remain of that view although I should add that since my second visit, I have found that the wine list contains some interesting and unusual wines from the the South of France - regions like the Languedoc. These are the wines which are relatively more affordable (emphasis on relatively) and priced below £100. I think the sommelier is very keen on, and knowledgeable about, these wines.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and best friend recently enjoyed a wonderful Saturday lunch at Murano. We were welcomed like long-lost friends and treated like royalty from the time we were seated, through the selection of our wine, through the well-timed courses, right through to the amazing desserts. Most memorable for me were the fig and chicory salad starter and the rosewater pannacotta. I enjoyed the elegance of the dining room without any stuffiness and the friendly, personable staff. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting London looking for a special meal at an accessible price.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We experienced a beautiful unhurried, wonderfully presented Saturday lunch with friends - experiencing combinations of flavour which both stimulated and soothed the taste buds. The food was cooked to perfection (pink belly of pork) and the rosewater pannacotta was to die for!

We opted for the 3 course set lunch which was more than enough - and we were in the restaurant for nearly 3 hours - although there are also 4 or even 5 course options

The staff were delightful, helpful and efficient yet never overbearing or rushed

The only slight surprise was the price of the drink of the day - a (small but delicious) berry belini which was £13 a glass ! But then if you need to ask the price you shouldn't be there!

A wonderful lunch - and we will certainly return, probably for dinner next time

1  Thank Lavinia02
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Delicious fayre, friendly, informative and helpful staff and tranquil atmosphere made for a very pleasurable lunch. Very much recommended

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had eaten here previously when it was still under the umbrella of Gordon Ramsay, but only for lunch. This was my husband and I's first visit for dinner, under Angela.

We really enjoyed the whole experience. There was an Autumn menu running which we thought was appropriate - having eaten somewhere else the previous night that were using a 'summer' menu!

The menu was laid out so that you could have three, four or five courses and each course was a little smaller than the previous one. Very manageable.

We opted for scallop and sea bream ceviche to start with - delicious. This was followed by pumpkin ravioli - could have eaten plenty more! - and then home made gnocchi. Our 'mains' were lamb (for my husband) and sea bass for me. Both exceptionally well cooked and just the right size.

We were quite full by this point, so shared a vanilla cheesecake which was perfect.

We had a bottle of red wine for around £100, but there were cheaper options available.

As it was a Saturday night the restaurant was lively, but discreet. We both felt service was smooth and punctual and we didn't have to wait long for any of our courses.

The whole meal was a real treat. I'm surprised this isn't higher up the Trip Advisor rankings. We are looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank MooMoo2007