“Bargain lunch!!”

Pizza Express
Ranked #14,919 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Wimbledon Broadway offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
London, United Kingdom
“Bargain lunch!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Got a voucher for a free bottle of prosecco for my birthday so it would have been impolite to turn it down! Had a 3 course lunch plus the wine and as we had a taste card we also got 50% of the food bill, BARGAIN!!

Not my favourite pizza restaurant as I think it is generally overpriced but I was very pleasantly surprised by my lasagne which was really tasty and in fact was far better than one I ate a few weeks later in a "proper" Italian restaurant!!

Will only return in the future with a money off voucher or similar offer.

Visited February 2012

South London
“I love Pizza Express”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Friendly welcome, offered drinks right away and order taken when drinks delivered. Great Pizzas, nice wines - love their Montepulciano and their Chianti. Good selection of desserts - love the mini desserts served with coffee. I regularly eat at Pizza Express branches and this one is really handy for Wimbledon Theatre.

• Visited August 2012
London
“Not bad for a pizza chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

The restaurant is a little off the centre of Wimbledon town centre - maybe 5 minutes walk from the mainline station.

The food is standard Pizza Express fare, but nice for all that and good value if you download a discount voucher from the company's website. When I visited, with every pizza ordered you could get a second one for £2.50.

The waitress was friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was quite 'buzzy'. In fact, on the evening we visited, it was possibly the busiest restaurant in Wimbledon town centre.

• Visited February 2012
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Distinctly average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

The service here was ok, I know the clue is the title but we did feel slightly rushed. This branch is very cramped. However the food and value cannot be faulted.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Lynsey R
Rockville, Maryland
“UGH! Yuck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

One of us got lasagna. The other manicotti. We wanted something other than pizza and figured Pizza Express would at least serve halfway decent Italian staples. NO! This was by far the worst meal of our three-week tour of England. Bland bordering on bad. I usually devour anything cheesy and pasta-y even if it is just OK, but I took about three bites and wanted to throw it on the floor. Not only was the food lacking, so was the service. I absolutely understand when waiters are busy, but ours was no where to be found. We waited about 30 minutes for the check, never saw one, so we just left our money and walked out. Every time we walked by a Pizza Express for the rest of our trip, I just felt sorry for the people eating what is probably mediocre pizza and beyond boring pasta dishes.

• Visited September 2011