“Not a good experience”

Ranked #7,157 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's sad when it's necessary to write a negative review of a restaurant you've previously reviewed positively. I've been visiting Mudmee a few times a year when in London for 5 years or so, and have reviewed it positively in the past. Maybe they've had staff changes; my visit last night was a big disappointment. First the waiter brought the wrong dish - and then disputed which dish had been ordered. Just to make things clear, we ordered in english and in Thai (native Thai speaker) and pointed to the number on the menu. Then when we sent the dish back, he said that the original dish I'd ordered wasn't available, and could he substitute another on (a salmon dish had been ordered, he suggested substituting with a sae bass dish). The dish came and was really very mediocre; then the bill came and I discovered that the sea bass dish was about £5.00 more expensive that that originally ordered. There was some discussion(!) but to save my companion embarrassment we paid and left....never to return I fear. A pity. So for me Mudmee bombed on both service and food quality.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been here in my lunch break and was served very quickly considering they were very busy.
I booked a table for two on a Thursday evening recently.
As we walked in it was not busy we were served quickly and had attentive friendly service throughout the evening.
The food was so delicious I am looking forward to going back again soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Mudmee never disappoints for great Thai food at reasonable prices. If you go for their lunchtime express menu, the service is really quick and the food really tasty. My personal favourite is the Vegetable Green Curry. It is also conveniently located near Liverpool Street station in a very quaint, picturesque little road.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Authentic and reasonably priced That food. I make a point of going there when I'm in London and within striking distance. Thai friends seem to rate it!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having visited Mudmee twice now, I still can't make up my mind about it and I think the 4 star rating is more biased towards value rather than taste.

The place is very small and so it does get busy quick, if there is a group of you, it is best to book. The menu is very very extensive, which always makes me a bit weary. The express lunch time option is fantastic value, although not surprisingly the portions are smaller than from main menu.

I had Pad Thai and whilst I had better before, it was well made, quickly delivered to my table and enjoyable.

Mudmee delivers on offering a good, speedy lunchtime option when facing a sandwich at your desk fills you with dread. So for that, it does deserve its 4 star rating.