“very nice decor”
Review of Mahiki

Mahiki
Ranked #12,089 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mayfair
“very nice decor”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We came on monday evening around 9.50pm .just for couple of drinks..decor is fantastic !! I absolutely loved it !! very delicious coctails & real flowers petals all around the place.. Maybe lil bit overpriced but we didn't worry much about it. When we asked on the bar can we take a table.. they said that all tables are booked ( on monday!! ) but we can take any of them while ppl who booked it didn't arrive. we was enjoyin our evening and sits till we decide to leave ( it was around midnight ) the bar is very busy about this time !! too many ppl some of them too drunk even to carry sharing drinks what they just bought. lots of childish drunk girls in very short dresses.. good DJ.. my bf (who is DJ as well) liked the music.. overall we left place happy & satisfied.. will come sgain

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“If you don`t want to waist your time - don`t bother”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

To be honest I dont know where to start .....
The only positive thing I can say about the Mahiki is the beautiful decor inside which is very nicely done. The rest ...... don`t bother!
The cocktails are terrible. Even TGI Fridays could mix you better ones! I have had many bad cocktails over the years, but the Mahiki tops it all!
The staff is very unfriendly and not trained at all. I have met the owner once and even he was as rude as it gets, so I guess the staff has no chance ...
Anyway, I wont be waisting my time to go there again.
Good luck keeping that place open, once the celebs go somewhere else, thats it!
Keep me in mind Mahiki if you are selling all your furniture and decor, I`ll have it! ;o)

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Blackbettie
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“No idea what is inside as we never got in”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This club is the epitome of London, filthy rich silver spoon fed KIDS. That think the world owes them a living. After spending nearly twenty minutes stood outside in a queue about 25/30 people long, we were told that unless you have booked a table you won't be allowed in. That I suppose would be fair enough if that's what they advertised. Check out their website and phrases like "Mahiki prides itself on its friendly, fun atmosphere and the attention to detail and creativity that goes into every drink, dance and dish" what a load of crap. Friendly it certainly isn't. If you want to be told that in order to gain entry then either book a table or buy one on the door for what ever price they decide there and then. We were told (me and my girlfriend) a minimum of £500 spend would be needed. A group in front of us (approx 10 people) were told a minimum of £1500 would be needed to gain entry. Hhhhhhmmmmm. Who takes the money ? The door staff ?????? Seriously check this place out. It is in desperate need of a friendly attitude on the door. Please please please boycott places like this so the greedy owners and door staff have to find real jobs.

5 Thank ChrisB1972
“Less than average”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

For sure doesn't worth the money. Very rude personnel unless they know that you'll spent a tone of money. I've been a few times there and the behaviour with and without having a table is completely different; very unprofessional stuff. If you want something more than an overpriced drink go somewhere else! Plenty of places nearby...

2 Thank G R
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Customer service nil! No class”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had the misfortune of attending Mahiki Saturday early evening for a few cocktails prior to going for dinner in the area. After a frosty welcome from the lady at the door we were escorted to a table where we were given 'by accident' both the sunset and moonlight drinks menu's. Our waitress told us to ignore the moonlight menu and took them away. Unfortunately just before we asked for the bill (7pm) we were told by her that she had made a mistake, fair enough.

We still thought the bill would reflect the sunset menu, but no, our bill had an additional 30% on plus an "optional" service charge of 15% which at this point we would have still paid. I politely inquired whether she could revert our bill to the rates shown in the menu we had been given when ordering, she said she would go and ask the manager.

A few minutes had passed before she returned with the manager, Who's first line was "do you know where you are, Mahiki s". Shocked, I told him what had happened and he answered with "she will have to pay for the deficit" whilst looking at the waitress. I'd never heard anything like it before.

Sadly it got worse, the bill came back with a hand written scrawl on the bottom with the new amount, which included the "optional" service charge. We told him to take the service charge off, to which he said its "no longer optional because you sat down" we replied "optional" please take it off. He responded "this is why people like YOU don't come here". We are all professionals in our late 20's early 30's, we were shell shocked!

Management seem to think they are doing you a favour by letting you in. The way the manager dealt with their error was disastrous! I can see from other reviews that this was not an isolated incident.

12 Thank Steven B