“An Example of a Very Good Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel
Ranked #670 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been staying in this Hotel for about 3 months as it is close to my place of work; I have always enjoyed a clean and comfortable room with all the usual amenities in it. The beds have always been very comfortable and the bathrooms very clean. I have had the opportunity to meet the owner and the superb team of ladies who run it; they are all a good example of what good customer service is all about. Breakfast is always very good with plenty of choice; Dinner in the evening is a pleasure; you will be looked after by the lovely lady in charge with plenty of conversation and nice music.
Overall a Great Hotel !

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms at the back as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Leo M, Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

It was a pleasure for us to look after you. On behalf of my staff I want to say thank you very much and we hope to hear from you soon. It is nice to be appreciated.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

my fiancee and myself stay here quite regularly .
overall a great place the new owners have paid a lot of attention to detail .
food is excellent and great value for money .
the bar is olddie worldy they have just introduced five or six draught beers .
hotel accommodation has all the things you need .Right opposite epping forest great for a summer's day doing absolutely nothing mm

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank freshesh

Every day we try to understand our customer's requirements in order to make them happy. When we see such appreciation we are more motivated than ever to do things better. Thank you for being customer and friend.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent a good time in Hitchcock Hotel. It's a really friendly place. I enjoyed this typical British atmosphere with very nice food. The Hotel is quite and clean with a very competitive price.
It is located in front of a big park with a lake. It is quite nice. There is also a car park in the hotel.

In my opinion, it's definitely a place to go in London.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

To say that '' Hitchcock '' is like a home for you it's very impressive for us. Thank you very much for consider us a '' family ''.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had a brilliant weekend mini break including a private function at the hotel, which was very enjoyable. The food was excellent (especially the full English breakfast!) and the staff were welcoming and friendly. The rooms were clean, cosy and had everything you need. Overall, a big thumbs up and great value for money. Thanks to everyone who made our stay fun and enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2012

I always say that we do not have clients but friends. Being our customer was more than a pleasure for us. Thank you very much for your good thoughts.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Where do I start? I have just finished a 16 month term working in London from Monday until Friday. Initially I spent the first month staying at different hotels each night depending where I was working, and for my budget most were in some pretty average areas where the hotels were sub-standard to say the least then I chanced upon this hidden gem of a hotel.

I didn't look back and I didn't stay anywhere else during the rest of my time down there. I deally located smack bang between the M11, north circular and A12 provifding great access into and around London. A 10 minute walk or 2 minute drive and you can be at the tube station into central London in no time.

Don't book expecting luxury - remember in London if you want that you'll pay £200 a night - but the rooms are comfortable, well decorated and excellent value for money. There are Sky boxes in each room, and if you get a room at the rear of the building you can see the lights of the Olympic stadium and Canary Wharf.

Downstairs is a great pub/bar with a good selection of drinks at very reasonable prices. Right next to the bar is a restaurant offering massive portions at good prices too. The menu has only got better and better over the time I spent there, and Leo has done a great job of providing specials every day.

Both the bar and restaurant are cosy and during the winter the open fire is especially homely.

There are very friendly staff there and would do anything to help their guests out. A special mention to Sophia who managed to squeeze me in last minute when I forgot to book! Another positive is they have free parking, so no getting stung by £15 parking per night like some other London hotels.

Like I say this hotel is not what you would class as "perfect", but for the prices they charge why would you expect luxury hotel?! Excellent value for money, good food, good company. If you are a tourist or a contractor working down there in the week then this will be right up your street.

I hope to visit them again soon, this time when I am visiting rather than working. Thanks again!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the top floor at the rear of the hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ajtrader100
Jason F, General Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Every time we try our best to make our guests feel like they are home. For us, customers are not just guests but friends. So, dear friend, thank you very much and I hope you will be back soon to see us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is the first time i'd stayed at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel so after reading some of the comments left by other guests i felt i needed to leave details of my experiance. We arrived just before lunchtime and was pleasantly welcomed by the staff who working that day. We were there for my Brothers Wedding Celebrations that evening so it was good we could unpack and get ready early before we headed to the Register Office. I instantly felt comfortable and was very impressed by the standards of the room. Other family members bedrooms were on the top floor and had great views over the London skyline. When the evening celebrations started the staff could not do enough to make sure everything went smoothly and the food tasted and looked fantastic (that includes evening meal, Buffet & Breakfast). It was a great venue for a Wedding Reception but also a great Hotel for staying at if your visiting London because your not that far away from eveything but have the added bonus on having Epping Forest on your doorstep if you wanted to escape the 'hustle and bustle' which would be hard to find in a more central Hotel. So just wanted to say thank you to the owners and all staff for making a memorable occassion a great experiance at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Darren A

I am very happy that you spent a nice day at your brother's wedding. It was indeed a great wedding and we are glad we could be useful to you. Thank you for your trust.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have just stayed at the Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel and had a lovely stay.
The staff were helpful and attentive and made sure I had everything I needed and tended to any issues I had (which was only sorting me out with a room when I needed to stay an extra night when they were almost full)
I had to come back to the UK after a relative was poorly in the Whipps Cross hospital. I found the hotel quaint and charming and very comfortable and clean - plus great value for money.
I noticed a bad review saying they only made breakfast from 8-9 on a Saturday, but when you consider the small number of staff work such long hours, I think that is very acceptable.
I didn't want to leave after 4 nights there. Well done to the staff, and I would thoroughly recommend this for a short stay hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Gail S
Jason F, General Manager at Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you very much and we are happy that you had a nice time during your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Travelodge Snaresbrook
Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London ExCel
The Westbridge Hotel
#100 of 1,077 in London

Been to Sir Alfred Hitchcock Hotel? Share your experiences!