The Continental Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclean with comfortable bedsclean budget hotelshared facilitiesgood sizetriple roompaddington stationstayed in this hotel for nightslocation is excellentoxford streetfew minutes walkpubs and restaurantshyde parkcentral london
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is close to tube, train, bus stop just around the corner, shopping and parks. The rooms are good size, spacious, clean with comfortable beds - the breakfast is continental not cooked but is good and plenty, all staff are friendly. Definitely we will come back, we had great time.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time in London, stayed at the continental hotel Norfolk square, paddington. It is a B&B budget hotel with reasonable prices for central London, actually I would say really low prices considering it's position. The rooms are good size, clean with comfortable beds, the breakfast is continental and you can eat as much as you like - the staff are all friendly and ready to help. We would book again.

1  Thank Ruth M
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My friends came from Spain and we all booked at the continental hotel. It is the cheapest we could find in central London even cheaper than hostels but the difference is the continental hotel is really clean. Our room was on the basement but it was ok, it had shower and toilet which were spotless, our beds were comfortable - we checked the sheets and blankets because of some reviews we read but believe me they were clean. We went for breakfast the next morning which was full, we just waited few minutes until a table was empty. We could have as much as we wanted cornflakes, tea/coffee, jam, butter. The staff was really nice to us, very friendly.
We recommend this hotel as a good place to stay in central London.

2  Thank Mercedes S
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We just came back from London, we stayed at the Continental hotel in Paddington for 3 nights, from what we have seen the hotel has been decorated recently. The staff is helpful and polite, the receptionist who checked us in, informed us about the breakfast time, hot water and heating time and handed to each one of us a map of London -which was nice. We paid for our room for the days we booked and went to the room that we were allocated. It was a triple room en suite, the room and the bathroom were both clean, the room had high ceiling with original features - it was beautiful.
As I am writing i noticed other reviewers mentioned 50 pounds deposit taken from them which is strange because we were not asked to pay any deposit at all.

We had good experience at the continental hotel and would return.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was on a tight budget and booked at the continental hotel through their website because of their prices. A day prior to my arrival at the hotel I checked the reviews for this hotel after a friend suggested - one review read that "you have to give in advance 50 pounds for each night -it is a deposit if you break something" I panicked as my budget was tight and wouldn't be able to pay this amount. So I called the hotel, told them what I read in the reviews about the £50 deposit, the receptionist was surprised, he said this is the first time I hear this - we do not take £50 deposit, we do not even take deposit for the keys of the room like other hotels do. That put my mind at rest. When I arrived at the hotel they were other people checking in before me, the receptionist did not ask them to pay any deposit. When it was my turn, the receptionist asked me to fill the registration form and pay for my room, he did not ask me to pay any deposit. I went up to my room which was clean with new bed and clean linen, the breakfast which was included in the price it was good and ample.
This made me think that the person who wrote this review never been to this hotel, he/she was not a genuine guest there but a competitor.
I will definitely book there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo