Last October I was lucky to stay in Castletown House again. Again it was a wonderful home away from home, I loved travelling back each day with my "fellow commutors" and imagine what it would actually feel like to live in this wonderful city.
As always my stay was wonderful, even got an upgrade half way(hurrah) and I like that any problems are dealt with swiftly. Also if I have to go up two flights of stairs at home it's sometimes a bit tiring, but I have no problems at Castletown House. The only problem might be when arriving/leaving when I have my suitcase with me, but Mark was again kind enough take the suitcase downstairs for me.
This time round I discovered that Earls Court Station is indeed also walkable, which means it's close to West Kensington Tube, Barons Court tube and Earls Court. The bonus with Earls Court is that the street next to it is lined with restaurants and little shops, and even a medium Sainsbury's at the end. And you pass a huge Tesco's on the way to Castletown. Coming out of West Kensington however there is a small tesco's down the road, which also has a small Co-op and one or two 24 hour cornershops. Plus several small eatieries but I've never eaten there(though I can recommend Gourmet Burger Kitchen on Earls Court Road).
I'll probably be back next year, and I've decided I will save up and get a one bedroom apartment. Whilst the studio is adiquate, I do very much enjoy the seperate bathroom, the widescreen tv(with dvd's) and the bath which is wonderful after a busy day in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family run business, offering a home away from home feel, Castletown House and Perham apartments are a collection of three star self-catering refurbished Victorian apartments in West Kensington, London. Ideally situated minutes from West Kensington Underground, our short-stay rental apartments are excellently located for visiting London’s many attractions. We are able to provide a selection of London short-term rental apartments from studios all the way to three bedroom apartments; all on site here at Castletown House or a short walk away at Perham House. All units have their own kitchen and bathroom, flat screen TV, DVD player and free WIFI. The kitchens are equipped with a microwave, cooker, fridge/freezer, kettle and a range of utensils. Laundry and ironing facilities are also provided (apart from in the compact studio). You can enjoy all the comforts of home, we are an ideal establishment for both leisure and business breaks, where privacy and comfort are a number one priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Castletown House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castletown House Hotel London
- Castletown House London, England