“Grab and go”

Ranked #153 of 317 Bakeries in London
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

This is a new brunch very good cafe with delicious breads, smells great once you step in but this one doesn't have a seating area!

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

I came with my family to buy some bread we went into the baker and the old women was so rude didn’t great us was huffing and puffing when we asked about the bread I brought some hot chocolate what was horrible and asked for a refund and she was be sarcastic and rude about it we just left and didnt but any bread we WILL NOT BE COMMING BACK HERE

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019

The bread is amazing (especially the sourdough bread and the rye), the croissants probably the best in London, the little apple tarts are also great. It's just a real pleasure to go in this very traditional looking french bakery!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 4, 2018 via mobile

If a cafe or restaurant insists on automatically adding a service charge to one’s bill they could at least ensure the customer enjoys excellent service. I have been to Poilane several times and I think the staff are getting very complacent. I love the interior design of this little cafe in Chelsea and I like the food but the service is terrible. The staff leave customers standing waiting to be seated when there are places available - they walk past the customer who is patiently waiting as instructed to do by the sign without as much as acknowledging them (which is annoying). When you’re eventually seated you have to wait for ages to place a simple order and the wItresses are charmless - not as much as a smile. That has been my experience this afternoon and the cafe was not busy so no excuses.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I've been here several times now but the service varies so much. Today I asked the very same waiter 3 times for an orange juice and it's not like he cannot understand English, but it just never arrived. When it did arrive, it took 20 mins and it wasn't like it was freshly pressed, it was straight from the packet. Surely with so many service staff around the speed of service should be better?

Food is not bad at all - but the service is a definite let down. Seriously, please improve this otherwise it will just put loads of patrons off - including returning customers like me.

Date of visit: October 2018