“Just too busy” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Bunch Of Grapes
Ranked #1,423 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Just too busy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were walking from the Natural History Museum to Harrods, and spotted this pub on the way. It was the last weekend in November, so London was extremely busy. The Bunch of Grapes was very busy, but it looked like there were quite a few people who were finishing their meals so we decided to wait for a table.

We asked staff if we needed to join a queue and were simply told to grab the first free table that we found. We eventually managed to find a free table for two and quickly ordered food and drinks at the bar. It came surprisingly quickly, considering how busy it was, and the food was pretty good.

The only thing that ruined the visit was the feeling that people were watching us eat, waiting to pounce as soon as we'd finished eating. It made the meal not very enjoyable at all, and as soon as it looked like we were nearly finished with our mains, many people came to our table and asked us if we were leaving soon... This will unfortunately be my main memory of this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Awful service ruins an otherwise decent pub”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

After receiving terrible service at this pub on my last three visits I felt a need to write a review. The older bar lady has been rude and unhelpful every time I've had the misfortune to be served by her.
This evening I asked what beers were on tap and her response was rude and unhelpful. I ordered a beer and asked a friend what she would like. The bar lady then raised her voice to the point of shouting to tell me we were all to order at the same time. My friend uttered the word 'erm...' before making a decision so the bar lady walked off and didn't return. 5 minutes later I was served by a very helpful member of staff.
I shall not be returning.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Oli T
Malmo, Sweden
“Great atmosphere, so-so service, ok food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The nearest pub we could find from the hotel during a business trip to London. Great atmosphere, but the staff could be friendlier. Not that they were rude, just not..overly eager to please. But the company was good and the food was at least decent.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Not a pleasant experience - Rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Walked into the bar was seen by the older woman behind the bar who continued to serve other people who just walked into the pub on the other side of the bar. She eventually acknowledged us after a ten minuet wait, when she eventually said I'll be with you in a moment we already had another staff member serving us. Appalling lack of customer service and it wasn't what I'd call a busy pub.

I asked for a soda water so I could take my medication to be charged £1.10 but it was put thru the till as a lemonade........absolutely disgusting!!!! Soda water is free not to be charged as a lemonade. I only needed a mouth full to swallow a few pills. It wasn't like we weren't drinking or spending money. £16 a bottle of wine and Guinness.

Over all the lack of service, waiting to be served, the way they spoke to customers and been charged for a soda water, to which I did refuse to pay for and did without my medication can be put down to a bad experience one I shall not be repeating in this establishment.

London
“Charming but food not seasoned!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Cosy, comfy pub. Staff were really nice. Nice clientele too.

Went for the food. Quite disappointed the beef roast had ran out (by 7pm?!) but that's quite typical of most pubs on Sundays. However both the steak and the burger were not seasoned! The idea is is to season the burger mix and season the steak before grilling or indeed to season the girl!! Think the salt police working in the kitchen or they had a lazy chef on tonight :(

The Trip Advisor rating system is rubbish. This pub is better than a 3 (average) but not as good as a 4 (very good) - how can we jump from average to very good with nothing I between?!!?