“Good pub” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Bunch Of Grapes
Ranked #1,424 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Aubrey, Texas
“Good pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We revisited an old pub friend after several years' absence. An ale and a GT after shopping in Knightsbridge turned into more drink and an early dinner. The Bunch of Grapes doesn't change in appearance, efficient staff, and good food and drink. I love the atmos of this genuine old pub, one of my favorites in London.

1 Thank texhills

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kelowna, Canada
“Good food, good location, no reservation required”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stopped in here to get out of the rain after a shopping trip to Harrods. The pub was packed downstairs but we were looking for a quiet corner for a meal, so we headed upstairs to a corner nook. The food was really good-my chicken Caesar salad was fresh and not overloaded with dressing, and my companions enjoyed the haddock and roast chicken. A pint of lager and we were soon off to the next shopping area.

This was a great place to happen upon for an impromptu meal. I wouldn't go out of my way to find it, but if you pass by and your stomach is rumbling, it's a good place to stop.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bamberg, Germany
“great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We needed a nice spot for a lunch and stumbled across this awesome place. It was really packed but we were able to get some seats. The staff was very friendly and helpful and helped us understand a few terms on the menu that were foreign to us. Despite it being packed the food arrived quickly and it was delicious!!! Awesome place!

2 Thank cbw230
London, United Kingdom
“Outrageous and Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I were attending a Wedding in central London with our 6 month old daughter. We had arrived in the area early so we could get some food and our baby sorted. It was a cold day so we were looking for place that was close to our car and local to the church.

It was around midday that we spotted this nice looking pub just down the road from Harrods. The signs stated it was open and that food was served from 11am, so we decided it would be a great spot to get some lunch.

As so as we entered the bar we were told by the barmaid/woman behind bar that children were not allowed as they were not covered by the licening laws. She stated that they had no insurance and that we would have to leave.

It is outrageous and disgusting that a pub just down the road from numerous tourist attractions can make the above claims. It is even worse in that the bar maid is completely wrong! The law was changed in 2003 and all children are permitted in bars whether or not adults are eating food at the estbalishment.

Obviously not a family friendly pub - as for the food and drink - who knows? We didn't even get fully through the door. If I could have rated them as a zero or given a negative star feedback then I would have. In 2013 this sort of behaviour and attitde is unacceptable. It is a realy shame that this is so close a number of high profile tourist attractions (Harrods, V&A etc) as I suspect a number of international visitors might fall into the same trap and end up with a real negative perception of London bars and resturants.

1 Thank DRMarch2011
“My vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

After a days shopping I needed a place to chill for five minutes the pub had been recommended by the door staff of harrods!! From the outset the pub was brilliant inside the interior was better after asking a very helpful member of staff she told me everything is original. I was equally as impressed with the service so far. as a tourist I dont allways know the routine when It comes to ordering as it was busy I decided to copy everyone else and order at the bar my server was very helpful despite the fact she was clearly busy I order steak and ale pie....which looked and tasted authentic I was even more pleased to learn they make It from scratch in house!!!...I have been back twice with freinds each time a nice experience. have read some of the other reviews and disagree with most of them if the girls were as busy when I visited as when you did, then I think we can all understand and not be so shallow minded

• Visited December 2012