The Library at London Marriott County Hall
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: Offering postcard-worthy views over Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, The Library is housed in the Marriott County Hall Hotel. In this landmark building, gorgeous library-style surroundings offer old world charm.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Excellent experience! I will definitely go back later in the year. My only gripe is that we booked for the 'birthday special' but just got the regular menu, but it was lovely and cheaper so all in all it doesn't matter. The sparkling wine was free flowing, and we stayed for almost 3 hours; its a great way to celebrate a birthday in style.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Visited here for afternoon tea with unlimited bubbles!
We were not disappointed. The bubbles were good champagne and the food was freshly made and topped up when we ran out.
Will definitely do again!

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Went with the wife mum and my step dad , had a great time , not really a fan of sandwiches my stepdad assures me they were great. scones and cakes were great staff were absolutely wonderful plenty of bubbles at all times . And the views are awesome .

1  Thank Tonycpfc1
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The views are fantastic and the service was excellent. We ordered the "Free flowing bubbles" which certainly did flow freely. Be aware though that it is not champagne but CAVA. The little cakes were lovely and the scones a little dry. We thought the sandwiches could have done with having a bit more filling in them. All in all, though it is worth a visit.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I don't usually leave reviews. I expect service to be good and the food to be good. However, this was exceptional.

The library is lovely. The shelves filled with old books with interesting titles. The tables set out to use the space but also trying to give people some privacy between the shelves. The acoustics are such that you can hear the other tables but if you don't talk loudly it's fine.

The initial selection of tea and being able to smell the different types of tea was great, and the staff knew about each if the teas when asked - the differences in flavour, how they are prepared. Great info.

The staff were very friendly and explained how the afternoon tea would be served. They checked for any allergies and amended my afternoon tea accordingly. Every time something was brought to the table they explained what it was and what would compliment it.

Bubbles truly were free flowing and my glass was never empty. Likewise my tea was never cold. The staff just appeared and topped it all up.

The food was lovely. The scones were light and delicate flavours of cinnamon and orange. The little cakes at the top were exquisite. Light and so very yummy!

Overall I could not have asked for a better experience. Great food, amazing service, lovely location with a good view, relaxed and a little decadent. Thank you for making my birthday!