“Birth'd'versary”

Afternoon Tea at The Library Lounge
Ranked #55 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southbank
Description: Offering postcard-worthy views over Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, Afternoon Tea at The Library Lounge is housed in the Marriott County Hall Hotel. In this landmark building, gorgeous library-style surroundings offer old world charm.
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Birth'd'versary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife's birthday and also our wedding anniversary... Birth'd'versary!! Afternoon tea with bubbles booked for £38pp, shortly after seating us they must of heard my n.Irish accent and decided we looked like we like a drink and offered us the unlimited bubbles for £34pp... It was an easy decision, cheaper and unlimited fiz... Yes please!! We chose some tea... They don't have Yorkshire gold (joking) but there was some nice tea. Sandwiches were nice and we initially thought we would be hungry by the time we finished, but we ended up totally stuffed. After we finished the sweets we were enjoying our fiz and they brought out a lemon meringue pie with candle for a combined birth'd'versary cake... Total surprise. The bubbles literally didn't stop... 5hrs later about an hour after paying the bill we finally emptied our glasses and managed to slip out before we were topped up again. Brilliant afternoon. Can't fault it for the price. Service was great, room was lovely, view of Big Ben... Great, totally recommend.

2 Thank Matthew M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is a very enjoyable experience, with great views over the river Thames in a fantastic/historic environment. Staff are friendly and very attentive and the food - sandwiches/cakes are sublime, the teas very good and different and if you have the champagne option, the champagne is good and free flowing. A different and good value afternoon in Central London..

London
“Have had better...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My friends and I went had afternoon tea here recently on a Saturday afternoon. The views are lovely and we had a table right by the window. There was some confusion initially as to what our booking covered, we had booked a deal with unlimited bubbles and there was some tooing and froing before they were able to confirm this was correct.

Usually the sandwiches are my favourite part of afternoon tea but unfortunately these were very uninspring, the bread was quite dry and the fillings very meagre. The scones were delicious though and the cakes were good too.

I found the staff a bit overbearing to be honest, they were back and forth continually topping up our glasses even when only a sip had been taken and when I covered my glass saying I didn't want any more they were quite pushy..."have some more" etc. At one point one of the waitresses asked me "Why are you so serious madam" I am sure she was just making conversation but one of my friends was in the midst of relaying some very sad news to me so I found her comment totally inappropriate.

It was an enjoyable afternoon but that was mainly due to lovely company, I probably wouldn't rush back here for afternoon tea again.

2 Thank CawthoA
London, United Kingdom
“Sensational Sunday Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Best location in London for Afternoon Tea! Ten of us were seated on a round table next to the pianist playing beautiful tunes. Views of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament were breathtaking. Staff in the luxurious Library Lounge were very attentive and the bubbles were flowing! Food was lovely and plentiful. I would like to say a personal 'Thank You' to Alex and Laura for making our experience so special. It really was a day to remember and we will almost certainly be returning.

2 Thank Cathy H
“The best afternoon tea in London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Took a friend for her birthday on 28th April. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to be seated straight away or if we sat in the bar for 10 mins we could then have a window table. We opted for this and our free flowing prosecco was brought to us there! As promised we were then taken to our table. The best in the room...overlooking Big Ben. The staff were lovely, attentive and kept our glasses full at all times! The food was superb and ambience just perfect. Two very happy girlies who had a fantastic treat! Will definitely be back soon!! Thank you.

1 Thank Lily7570