“Nice coffee with a continental feel”

Caffe Vergnano 1882
Ranked #149 of 686 Coffee & Tea in London
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Called in a wet afternoon heading for Charring Cross tube and it was like going back thirty years to a REAL coffee house.
Wonderful service and magnificent coffee, such a trivial thing but one of lifes pleasures and the cafe was a real pleasure.

There are newer reviews for Caffe Vergnano 1882

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I said in my previous review this was the best hot chocolate in London. Well, I just went on Monday to their South Bank cafe again and it has been watered down, it's really disappointing. It used to be really thick melted chocolate, like chocolate sauce, but now it's just some hot milk with a bit of colour. I will not go again. They will lose many customers because of this.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stumbled in here trying to find food after visiting the London Eye. It didn't look like anything special from outside, but we were very impressed with the food quality. The servers seemed to actually be Italian, so I supposed that's a bonus if you're looking for something authentic. The prices were good, and the portion sizes were larger than I expected. Coffee afterwards was really delicious.

The service was a little slow considering the fact that it wasn't very busy, but the servers were friendly.

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Cafe Vergnano make hot chocolate from melted dark chocolate. Have the small portion with no milk and no cream, just straight. It's divine! I take all my girlfriends there and we keep going back for more. I don't know any other place in London that makes such amazing hot chocolate - strange, when you think how easy it would really be to make. The price is comparable to Starbucks but the quality is much superior. My boyfriend also loves their coffee, real Italian coffee - and the spectacular coffee machine! Don't bother with the food. Yes they have limited seating space so you have to wait for some seats, but it's well worth it. They have another location on the South Bank near Charing Cross Bridge. They are open until rather late, at least midnight, because I had a hot chocolate after coming out from a club for the last tube. I would recomend this to anyone and everyone! I just hope they open more branches so I can get to it more often.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Very professionally put together place. Well organised and slick. Great food, great service and great coffee. For pre theatre it is perfect.