“Pizza as you were in Naples!”

Rossopomodoro - Covent Garden
Ranked #1,053 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Our Neapolitan pizza and food are the most authentic you will find in London: come and try a genuine slice of Naples.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Pizza as you were in Naples!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The title says all.

We had pizza as we were in the pizza's mecca, Napoli. Of course there you'll find many places where the pizza is even better, but for sure the pizza we had last night was WAY BETTER any pizza you can have in the rest of Italy!!!

Unfortunately the service is quite rude, inattentive and unprofessional, but I think this is something I can live with considering how tasty the food was!

Our 3yo lovely daughter had meatballs from the kids menu, they were quite average though.

In the end we payed £135 for 6 pizzas, 1 Kid's menu, 5 small beers, 2 Cokes and 1 small bottle of still water. No starters neither desserts.

• Visited November 2012

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic food served by friendly staff”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Have visited this restaurant a number of times with different friends and have always enjoyed it. It's a busy restaurant so do expect to wait but the service is quick and efficient. The food is very home made Italian tasting and offers a great selection. Well worth a visit.

London, United Kingdom
“Used to be good, now just a rip off”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

What used to be one of the best authentic italian restaurants in London, has not degraded to very poor quality food, and even poorer service from management.

I had dinner in Sept in Monmouth street, very attractive restaurant, attentive staff, but soggy pizza and dry pasty pasta, with half the seafood shells unopened, dreadful.

Wrote a complain to info@rossopomodorro email address, received a delayed reply and offer of a gift certificate to try another of their locations,,,,,,,must be on Italian time as no gift certificate and no one will even respond to my emails,,,,,bloody typical.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank chris d
Canterbury
“Disappointing and never again!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Form the outside it looks lovely ,inviting and authentic, so top marks so far.
Our waitress was very good, efficient, helpful and had a lovely manner, so again top marks.
It was Sunday 21st October at approx 8pm.
What really let this restaurant down was its food, or to be more precise its Pasta dishes, as thats what we had. Mine came luke warm, almost cold, so I sent it back, not great that they cant get a dish hot eh, I manage to do it and so did every other busy restaurant in London that week.
The pasta was not fresh pasta but dried, packet stuff...come on guys you plaster authentic Italy all over your marketing, but dried packet pasta, no way !
It came back hot, probably microwaved, but was runny in texture, bland and tasteless, I left it after a few mouthfulls, gutted. What this restaurant promised from its looks it simply didnt or couldn't deliver.

OK, so we all get this wrong, I understand, so how did they react? I didnt shout or stomp, simply refused to pay a tip and gently told the waitress when she asked what I thought about the food.
I had sent most of it back to the kitchen when she cleared the table. She went and spoke to the manager, how did he react? NOTHING, not a quite word, not even an apology, not even a small discount. So I left feeling very disappointed, ripped off, just a number, unwanted and well to tell you the truth like telling everybody I can to avoid this place and eat at one of the other many love places on the same street.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Brent23
London, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Rubbish service. Rubbish menu. Below average food. For what we have it was to expensive. Won't go again even though we live locally.

• Visited October 2012