“My Favourite London Find”

Kokeb Ethiopian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokeb Ethiopian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,102 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London
“My Favourite London Find”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We came across Kokeb when my partner and I were trying to find a great Ethiopian restaurant in London. That was about a year ago. Since then we have been back almost every week or at least every second week to get our fix. Its a little out of the way but worth it, without a doubt, although it is only a 3 min walk from Caledonian Rd tube stop.
Starting with the hostess Geti...She is a true gem. So nice and hospitable. She is only too happy to help you with first timer selections or regular dinners tough choices. And then she is off out the back to cook.
As far as choice goes there is a wide variety on the menu to contemplate and plenty of choice in vegetarian dishes as well. What ever you do make sure you try the injera with you dishes.
Yes there are not a lot of wine choices but the wine is fine. I actually find that beer goes much better in any case.
Regardless of your choice I am sure you will enjoy it and like me will be popping that top button undone before you leave.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank APHW

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Ethiopian Food I've Ever Had”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Let me preface this by saying that I spent 6 weeks in Ethiopia this year. Throughout that time I never tasted anything even remotely as good as the dishes served at this restaurant. It's quaint, out of the way, authentic, and cheap! Seriously, it's the type of place anyone can enjoy. Don't expect high class dining decor, but you will experience amazing service. The cook comes out to meet you and help you choose dishes that suit your tastes. She recommended some wonderful dishes for us. I would go back again and again! Great little place!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Michelle W
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful local restaurant!”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I live close to this restaurant – but never seen it, until I found it on this website. It´s fabulous! It is a very simple restaurant. They only got 2 types of wine (both ok ones). The food though – spectacular! Who would have know the variety of tastes one dish can have! And the service amazing – the lady who owns the restaurant does everything. She is so lovely! She even remembers me every time - and I have not been that often! Strongly recommend this place!!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Lina M
San Diego, California
“Wow. Great food, reasonably priced, and warm and delightful owner/chef”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a small, slightly out of the way, neighborhood restaurant that is a real find. The owner/chef is warm, welcoming, and very friendly. The food is fantastic. There's a variety of richly spiced and tasty dishes to choose from. If you like Ethiopian food, or want to try it, definitely go here.

• Visited October 2011