“Simply Perfect”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed July 25, 2016

What a fantastic experience. Impossible to find fault with a single thing, from the amazing personalised service to the stunning food, varied tea selection and elegant decor. Can't recommend this highly enough - afternoon tea anywhere else just won't be the same after this!

2  Thank Julian S
Russell_Platt, Director of food and beverage at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Dear Julian S,

Thank you for writing and sharing your comments following your recent visit for afternoon tea. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the amazing personalised service, stunning food and varied tea selection. Your review and recommendation are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 25, 2016

I visited Claridge's with my friend this week, who had bought me afternoon tea as a birthday present. We were very excited and had high expectations after hearing about good it was supposed to be, and we were not disappointed!

The foyer itself it absolutely gorgeous and it had a lovely, relaxing ambience. We were worried we may feel 'out of place' but although it was posh there was nothing pretentious about it, and actually had a very cosy feel to it. We really enjoyed the piano player as well!

The staff were all so friendly and welcoming from the out-set, as well as unbelievably attentive. Nothing was too much trouble, everything was run really efficiently and there was always someone there to check with everything was ok or to top up our tea. It was the best service I've ever had.

The actual food was spectacular and there was so much of it! The highlight for us was the Marco Polo jam, which was by far the best preserve I have ever tasted. But the cakes and sandwiches were also gorgeous and so beautifully presented. There were over 20 types of tea to choose from which you could a few different ones, which we really enjoyed. The champagne also a great addition!

Although it is not cheap it is completely worth it, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys going for afternoon tea. I would say for the service, beautiful foyer, amazing food (for which were offered even more sandwiches and scones for no extra charge!!) and the fact we there for three hours - it is actually very good value for money! It is an amazing experience.

Thanks so much to the staff who made us feel so welcome - I hope to be able to come back one day

Dear BubblyWelshGrrl,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your fantastic detailed comments following your visit for afternoon to celebrate your birthday.

It is wonderful to read that it was the best service you have ever received and was unbelievably attentive. Your comments regarding the tea, cakes, sandwiches and Marco Polo jam are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the teams here too.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Had tea with my family today. Lovely room, fine ambiance, attentive service, gorgeous food and special sandwiches for my grandson. There were offers of extra plates of sandwiches if we had required them. Altogether a perfect experience. Highly recommended. Book well in advance to avoid being disappointed.

1  Thank Mike A
Russell_Platt, Director of food and beverage at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

Dear Mike A,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your comments following your recent visit to the Foyer and reading room for afternoon tea.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the ambiance and attentive service along with the food that was served. I am also pleased that your grandson also enjoyed his special selection of sandwiches.

Your review and recommendation are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely amazing! Highly recommend to everyone! The children loved it too! Your treated like royalty, the experience is one you will treasure. I can't wait to go back again! Thank you to Gabby and Shamin. The kitchen tour was such a perfect surprise too! X

1  Thank kiyannaziashafi

Dear kiyannaziashafi,

How wonderful to learn you and your family enjoyed your recent visit to Claridge’s and that you felt completely pampered and privileged, I was delighted to learn that Gabby and Shamin in the Foyer looked after you so well and that you particularly enjoyed the impromptu tour of our kitchen, which they helpfully arranged.

Needless to say, the entire team look forward to welcoming you back, whenever time permits.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

I visited claridges afternoon tea as a birthday treat for my Mum. The food was exceptional, the sandwiches were delicious especially the puff pastry straws that were served, we even ordered a second portion. The scones were very light and the marco pollo jam was exceptional and far superior to the traditional jams. The cakes again were very tasty and the banana cake was very light and moist. I cannot give enough compliments for the food.

The staff were very attentive, I didn't have to pour my own cup of tea at all!!! The manager of the restaurant came round to greet all the tables and check whether all was OK. Considering the venue we weren't made to feel out of place, we felt spoiled. I asked for a little goody bag at the end with a couple of scones and cakes and they were more than happy to oblige.

Yes the afternoon tea is not the cheapest around but for a special treat it is definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank ec446
Russell_Platt, Director of food and beverage at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Dear ec446,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your visit for afternoon tea to celebrate your mum's birthday. It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your afternoon and that you felt spoilt. Your comments regarding the food and service are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the teams here.

Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back again on another occasion.

Best wishes,