“As good as it gets.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Foyer At Claridge's

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“As good as it gets.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Visited with my wife, daughter and mother to celebrate my wife's b day. Let's start by saying, service doesn't get better than this!!! From arrival to departure the level of customer service is something you do not see on a daily basis and is delightful. The overall experience is exceptional and actually very good value for money. Delicious sandwiches and cakes and pastries to die for. Anyone looking for a special occasion event should look no further. Even had pleasure of meeting the general manager, Thomas, who was lovely.

2 Thank jules1408
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear "jules1408",

What a wonderful review, I am delighed that you and your family were treated to such a special afternoon and that you were also able to meet with our General Manager, Thomas.

We hope to see you again soon!

Food & Beverage Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was a surprise b treat for my 60th birthday from my two daughters. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we walked through the door. After being seated at our table we were shown the menu and given plenty of time to feel relaxed, choose our champagne and which tea we would like to drink. Everyone was very attentive and eager to please. The food was delicious and the cakes we did not manage to eat were boxed up for us. The decor is stunning. I did not want the day to end!

3 Thank GJP542013
Dear "GJP542013",

Thank your kind review about your special birthday treat here at Claridge's. I am of course so glad that you enjoyed your afternoon with us and very much hope to welcome back you and your daughters for the next celebration!

“Fantastic Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

What a lovely afternoon. We went to celebrate my mum's up and coming 70th birthday. From start to finish we were very well looked after. The food, service and atmosphere was fantastic. All of the staff were very attentive, especially our waitress; unfortunately I cannot remember her name. We could have as many sandwiches, cakes and scones as we could eat. We couldn't eat all of the cakes so they were boxed-up for us to take away. As one of the waiters was walking us to the tea room from the bar, he subtley asked if we were there for a special occasion and I told him it was my mum's 70th birthday. At the point when the cakes were brought out to us, our waitress brought out a cake especially for my mum with a candle and a 'Happy Birthday' message written on the plate - a very nice touch.

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and will definitely go again.

4 Thank Dendanjims
Dear "Dendanjims",

Thank you for your review about your Afternoon Tea, it was a pleasure to read such positive comments and I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your mother's 70th birthday with us, and that we were able to properly mark it!

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I feel it would be unjust not to leave a review of my afternoon at Claridge's - it was just exceptional.

I had lunch with my young daughter on the 26th July and from the moment we arrived, it was wonderful. The staff were just superb, attentive, and could not be more helpful. Each staff member said hello to my daughter or smiled as they walked past; my daughter said she 'thought they might think that she's a real life princess' (obviously she's MY real life princess!) Our waiter (unfortunately I don't know his name; he was young with black hair, possibly Spanish) was fabulous, I can't think of any other words to describe the service we received, he was exceptional. The woman who took care of the ladies was so friendly and polite and had a lovely chat with my daughter.

The lunch was sublime; it couldn't be faulted. All courses were executed beautifully.

I am going to return at the end of the year with a friend for afternoon tea and can't wait!

Thank you so much Claridge's for a wonderful experience.

2 Thank vcurtis2013
Dear "vcurtis2013",

What a fanastic review! Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us, I am delighted that you descirbed your visit as 'exceptional' and to read such kind words about the staff, service and food.

We very much look forward to welcoming back you and your friend for Afternoon Tea later this year.

Food & Beverage
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

It's my Birthday today and we went to this restaurant especially after seeing the BBC documentary series. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere very peaceful. They were very good about us having to bring our luggage with us as we didn't have time to go back to our hotel afterwards before our train.

2 Thank Rachael S
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear "Rachael S",

Thank you for such a kind review, it sounds as though you had a wonderful birthday and I hope you are able to join us again soon, before your next one!