“Lovely way to spend a couple of hours in London”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

First the not so good points ok? You need to book your table 3 months ahead if dining at the weekend. Our table was not ready on time and we had to wait 15 minutes before we could enter. But they made up for this with an extra glass of champagne. The food was excellent and there was as much as you could eat. If you wanted a particular additional snadwich that was no problem. There was a choice of at least 40 or 50 teas (white, black green or fruit). Service was very good and the whole experience was lovely.

2  Thank AllanNorwich
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear "AllanNorwich",

Thank you for your very positive Trip Advisor review.

I was very sorry to read that you were kept waiting 15 minutes for your table, but I was glad that the team made it up to you in some way by offering a glass of champagne.

I hope to see you back at Claridge's again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Foyer At Claridge's

Reviewed January 21, 2014

A dear friend treated me to afternoon tea for a special birthday. The only downside was it took some months to get a booking the upside of this was we celebrated my April birthday in December when the wonderful Christmas tree made the experience extra special. Our waiter was very attentive and explained everything so well. One of the best things was the choice of teas, as a tea lover this was a treat and we could take our time to decide with the help of our waiter, Sandwiches and scones very good, couldn't manage all the pastries, so they were packaged up as a treat for my children(other famous hotels offering afternoon tea will not do this) nothing was too much trouble and we had a little bag of sweets to take away. Some long awaited experiences do not live up to expectations, this did in every way. Thank you for making us feel so comfortable.

2  Thank KAW687

Dear "KAW687",

Thank you for your wonderful Afternoon Tea review.

I was delighted to read that it lived up to your expectations, especially as you had such a long period of time to look forward to it!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have just had a magical weekend at Claridge's to celebrate a special birthday, which culminated in a superb champagne afternoon tea for my 95 guests. The staff were divine - helpful, charming and nothing was too much trouble. The service was faultless, the food out of this word, the decor magnificent, the flowers exquisite. I could not have wished for a more wonderful experience.

1  Thank Janine R
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear "Janine R",

Happy Birthday to you.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I was so glad to read that we helped make your birthday an enjoyable one!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Made a reservation on the restaurant for our anniversary - which by the way I informed the restaurant in advance. When we arrived, they have deleted the reservation (not sure why). They put us on a central, not very reserved table, then moved us to a corner table with some very uncomfortable chairs. That kind of killed the night. The service was good (not fantastic), and the food was average. I will not be coming again.

2  Thank ana_and_pedro

Dear "ana_and_pedro",

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Foyer & Reading Room. I was of course very concerned to read your comments.

Please may I ask you to contact me on eleonard@claridges.co.uk to provide further details on your evening as I would like to investigate your disappointment further.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I picked this restaurant from TA. We went there for our anniversary for drinks only. We had some desserts as well. You feel how valuable is you as a guest there. Very romantic and class. Staff were great. Desserts and drinks were special. I would recommend this place to anyone for sure.

1  Thank Sofiah123
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear "Sofiah123",

Thank you for your very kind words.

We hope that on your next visit you can join us for dinner.