“Excellent Tea of a lifetime”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 23,234 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We celebrated our 11th Year Anniversary. My wife and I enjoyed the Tea date.The waiter there are so polite and very informative.The tea,cakes pastry exceeded our expectations literally unlimited. At the end we have take away jam and cake place in a white bag.We had a quick tour of the hotel via Lift a symbolic and very known lift here in london.Overall perfect date and place .

1  Thank Eaglesvision21
There are newer reviews for The Foyer At Claridge's

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked a high tea as a surprise birthday treat for my hubby and we had an absolutely fantastic experience!
The environment was welcoming and formal - but not at all stuffy or pretentious. We felt - as commoners!! - very comfortnble and were treated very well by the attentive and supportive staff team.

1  Thank Joanna T
Reviewed September 4, 2013

They are ready for A show. The whole place is about show time. The food was very good but they really don't care. They are lucky and that is ok with them

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a gift certificate for afternoon tea for two but as a surprise I decided to take my daughters, sisters, neices and 5 month old nephew.
Firstly, they knew the baby was coming and they were great.I was worried that they would treat us a bit like lepers - probably because I was worrying about him playing up, but they are so obviously used to babies, I should have known really. As it turned out he was as good as gold so I needn't have worried.
We all had an amazing time. The decor is amazing even if you're not a lover of art deco. The champagne was excellent, the sandwiches wonderful (and never ending it seemed), the tea lovely, as were the scones & pastries. We couldn't eat all the pastries so took an ample box home, including extra scones with jam and complimentary petit fours.
Treat yourself if you get the chance - it is actually great value for money for money for the experience.

1  Thank Sylvie252
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What an experience! We had the most wonderful afternoon tea here. The staff were very friendly and attentive without being obtrusive from the door staff to the waiter we had. Nothing was too much trouble. We had gone expecting to have a few minuscule sandwiches and a few cakes plus a pot if tea.......how wrong we were, we couldn't eat for the rest of the day. Our waiter kept our plates full with extra sandwiches then when the fancy cakes and scones arrived our plate of 8 scones for 4 of us complete with cream and jam were all fruit ones when there should have been 4 fruit and 4 apple, our waiter disappeared and brought us another plate with apple scones on it. Tea was constantly poured into our cups and replaced when empty. As all four of us had chosen different types of tea I was amazed at how our waiter remembered who drank what but he did! After 3 pots of tea each and more food than we bargained for we waddled off down Oxford Street to attempt to walk it off. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

2  Thank Juleshall14