“Wonderful”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to afternoon tea at Claridges to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We loved every second of it. We had the Wimbledon tea where we were given the choice between a glass of pimms or champagne followed by a selection of sandwiches which were delicious- we were surprised that once we had finished those, the waitress came back with more! We then had some scones and cakes with tea of our choice- I am not usually a big tea drinker but I can honestly say that the tea was so flavoursome and incredibly nice ( I chose Bolero and recommend it). When we had finished with the cakes, the waiter came out with a tray with two more cakes and on the same tray, it read "happy anniversary". I was very touched by this, it was so thoughtful!!! The manager (i assume) then came out to speak to us which again made us feel very special. All in all, it was a wonderful experience, although we have set the bar quite high for next year! I would definitely recommend afternoon tea at Claridges and would love to go again in future.

1  Thank Flint0306
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear "Flint0306",

Thank you for a truly wonderful review on Afternoon tea. We are honoured that you chose Claridge's to celebrate the very special occasion of your first Wedding Anniversary, we hope that you make it a tradition!

With all good wishes,

Food & Beverage Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

a wonderful experience - having been treated to quite a few local and away afternoon teas I must admit this was by far the best . The variety and quality of the food was great and the staff very attentive and friendly .I was made to feel very comfortable in such a great environment and would love to visit again.

EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear "globetha061",

Thank you for a truly wonderful review. To be described as the best is more than we could ask for. We have made some changes to Afternoon Tea over the past two months and it is so encouraging to read that these are being so well received.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Every once in a while you just need to 'push the boat out' and celebrate with a lovely afternoon tea. I can't fault anything. A beautiful venue and simply delicious food.

Dear "SenoritaP"

Thank you for a great review, it makes me very proud of the team and I look forward to sharing your kind words with them.

We hope to welcome you back to Claridge's again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Wow afternoon tea at claridge's is the best had the best time ever . Tea was great sandwich where the best cakes out of this world everyone needs a visit to here I staff helpfully could not ask for a better day x

Dear "KateEngkand",

Thank you for a fantastic review. It is truly wonderful to read that you had such a great time with us for Afternoon Tea.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Claridge's again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The location & venue is just beautiful! The decor is elegant & tasteful!
Staff are friendly & helpful.
We had an afternoon tea for 4. We first thought that it wouldn't fill us up. But it did! They replaced sandwiches & scones when they run out. We asked for couple of glasses of champagne but they only charged us for 1. Only down side is we asked to pack some of the food and they said no. Seemed silly as we were at the last sitting. Staff were more then happy to take pictures.

We they moved to the main bar but they didn't have any tables so we sat just outside the bar. Still really nice. I had a cocktail which was presented beautifully & tasted amazing!

I would definitely go again!!

1  Thank Aisha U