“Afternoon Tea”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from Claridge's where we were celebrating my Wife's birthday with an afternoon tea with family and friends. We arrived with some overnight bags and were shown the clock rooms and then directed to our table.The sandwiches and pastries were wonderful and at the end there was a lovely surprise in the form of a small cake complete with candle on a sign written plate, very nice touch. The service was attentive without being overbearing and everyone had a great time.

1  Thank David R
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear "David R",

Thank you for a very positive review and I am delighted to read that the guest of honour, your wife, enjoyed her birthday.

We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to London.

Best wishes,

Food & Beverage Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and I had afternoon tea here on Saturday. What a fabulous, once-in-a-lifetime experience. The ambience and atmosphere are amazing and the staff cannot do enough for you. We decided upon the afternoon tea to include a glass of champagne each for the adults, (£59 per person) which included endless cups of tea (lots to choose from on the tea menu), various different kinds of sandwiches, followed by cakes and scones. One member of staff took my daughters to the reception area to give them a bag of sweets whilst we savoured the experience, which we thought a particularly nice touch, and nothing is too much trouble as they offered the children some simpler cheese sandwiches and a hot chocolate each as an alternative. Treat yourself for a special occasion and savour the atmosphere - never to be forgotten!

EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear "AnnieRafferty",

Thank you for a truly wonderful review, we are so glad to read that you all had a most enjoyable experience with us. I know the team will be very happy to read your review.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I took my Mum to Claridges for afternoon tea in June 2013as a special thank you for her help with my wedding. It certainly met our expectations and was a really lovely treat. The hotel was as you would expect, opulent and stylish - we were met by a charming concierge who told us about the cloakrooms to leave our shopping bags to freshen up prior to tea.
The food and service was excellent - although we passed on the mushroom sandwiches, the rest were delicious...but the real treat was the cakes! They were scrummy and so many that we couldn't eat them all. We thoroughly enjoyed this special treat and are now planning on return for lunch at Gordon Ramsays.

Dear "CoventryLisa",

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review, it means a great deal to the team and to me.

We look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

we went there to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. we arrived at 6.30 to have a evening meal. we first went into the bar and then was shown into the restaurant. as it was a Monday night the place was not packed and after the starters my wife just mentioned to Luca our wonderful waiter that it would be nice to sit closer to the musicians without hesitation we were moved without any fuss whatsoever.the food was superb and the whole ambience of the place is amazing. now , we are just a normal middle class couple but there was absolutely no snobbery at all. yes it is rather expensive but I've spent more at far worse places than this. just go and enjoy it.... fabulous

Dear "graham m",

Thank you for your incredibly kind review and in particular for mentioning Luca, he really is one of our superstars and I know he will be thrilled to read your review.

We are honoured that you chose Claridge's for the very special occasion of your 30th Wedding Anniversary and we hope that you make it a tradition.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was the most amazing "tea" I have ever experienced. This treat was bought for me for my 60th by my son and girlfriend who accompanied my husband and I. What an afternoon! Fabulous sandwiches, cakes and different types of tea. The service was second to none, nothing was too much trouble, even down to photos being taken of us all around the foyer. Had to buy a mug to remember this very special occasion!

1  Thank Rosemary S

Dear "Rosemary S",

What a truly wonderful review, I am so proud to share your very complimentary words with the team. It means a great deal to us all.

Warm wishes,