“Claridges Afternoon Tea- Delicious!!”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Surrey
“Claridges Afternoon Tea- Delicious!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was a lovely way to celebrate my second Hen Do! I went with my step mum and 3 sisters, who are 8, 14 and 18years old. Our waiter, Leon was exceptionally attentive (and also looks like Leonardo DiCaprio in his Titanic days) and he also realised it was my hen do and they did a lovely little platter with an extra pastry and "congratulations on your wedding" written on it which was a lovely touch!

3 of us had the champagne afternoon tea which is £51 per person and my youngest sister ate and drank for free!

The sandwiches really were the best i have ever had & you can refill as many times as you like, we re filled twice. and what i think is great is that you can chop and change your teas as many times as you like.
The pastry's and scones were DELICIOUS!!

This was my first time having afternoon tea but my step mum has been to many and said this is by far the best one, from the service to the food.
Leon really did make it very special for us and the food really was scrumptious, i would highly recommend for a special occasion & you do not need dinner that evening if you have a late afternoon tea!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jemr_blueeyes
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear "Jemr_blueeyes",

Thank you for an excellent review and sincerest congratulations on the occasion of your wedding!

It gives me great pleasure to pass on your very kind words to Leon, he truly is one of our superstars. I will also pass on your review to the kitchen who I know will be as delighted as I am.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Claridge's.

Warm regards,

Eugene

Eugene Leonard
Food & Beverage Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
london
1,098 restaurant reviews
“Just about perfect”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I came here several years ago for afternoon tea. We have been to other places since but have not found anywhere as good and so decided to come back.

If you wish to book in advance the wait can be quite long if you need to have tea on a weekend however you can just turn up and take a chance as tables are always kept free in case hotel guests need them.

The surroundings are incredible and pristine. There is no dress code but you may look out of place in jeans and a t-shirt as most people make an effort to fit into the wonderful art deco surroundings. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal but balanced with attentive service which is a very delicate balance to achieve in order that everone that comes here is put at ease.

There are a wide range of teas available and they catered for our dietary requirements without a murmur.

The quality of the cakes and sandwiches are superb. The only gripe I had were the scones were slightly too salty for us. You may have more scones / sandwiches / cakes and refills of tea without extra charge which is an improvement on last time as some 7 or 8 years ago 2 extra rounds of smoked salmon sandwiches came in at £21!

I would thoroughly recommend having tea here.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sheepygold
Dear "sheepygold",

Thank you for a wonderful review. It is lovely to read that you have returned after so many years and would still rate us so highly. A lot has certainly changed over the years and I am glad that you feel these changes are for the better.

We hope to welcome you back for Afternoon Tea very soon.

Best regards,

Eugene

Eugene Leonard
Food & Beverage Director
Chester, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea with the family as a Special Birthday treat”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a great afternoon we had at Claridge's when we went for a family birthday treat. The sandwiches were so fresh and excellent with really tasty range of salmon, chicken, egg, ham and cucumber . Don't eat too many though or you may not have room for the freshly baked scones and cakes. The teas were also very good and best of all was the superb and a great table service.This was never intrusive but just in time and so informative with the history of the hotel and background of the teas on offer. We had a two hour slot but never once were we rushed nor made to feel unwelcome.

We will return as the service and people are just simply fantastic as is the historical hotel itself - do try Claridges - you will be really pleased.

2 Thank JimMillar
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Serene Ambience with Pianist during Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

A wonderful introduction to the hotel is to experience afternoon tea but book well in advance. The copious quantities of finger sandwiches were varied with a selection of salmon, cucumber, chicken and egg although they were a little bland. I would however suggest the addition of the champagne which complemented the relaxed atmosphere of the foyer room.
The raisin and apple scones were delightful and the service was exemplary, certainly a great choice when visiting London.

notts
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Was given this as a present from my daughter. We arrived at Claridges around 17.30 and were treated like royalty from start to finish. Although the choice of teas must have amounted to 50 or so different types, knowing which one to choose was difficult. The waiter suggested that maybe i wanted a "Nice Cuppa", and that's what i got. Personally i think everyone should experience this once in their lifetime. My wife and myself thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would definately recommend it. If you watched the series on TV you would also spot some of the people that work in the hotel. Spoil yourself, just once!!

1 Thank sukeNotts