“Afternoon delight!”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Afternoon tea at Claridges is an absolute delight. The staff are WONDERFUL, the service is beyond excellent. This was our first visit we enjoyed champagne in the bar before our appointed tea time of 5pm.

The sandwiches were very nice indeed and the scones were beautiful. There is a real attention to detail in every aspect of the food and the service

We were allowed to keep the table after we had finished tea; we stayed a while longer in the beautiful surroundings relaxing and drinking champagne. We have had afternoon tea at a few other hotels including The Ritz but this was head and shoulders above that, so relaxing and so much fun

1  Thank SparkyG
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear "SparkyG"

Thank you for a truly fantastic review. It means a lot to the team.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion.

Best wishes,

Food & Beverage Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We dined at Claridge's for my husband's birthday, the food was absoilutely amazing. We had the beef wellington and it was and still is the best meal I have ever had. The atmosphere was lovely and the attention to detail was phenomenal. A very memorable trip!.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The whole experience of lunch at this magnificent hotel was wonderful. From the beautiful glasses to the attentive, charming staff everything was superb. Would I go again, in a heartbeat.
The food was as you'd expect, delicious. The decor was extremely pleasing to the eye. I could have sat there all day just people watching.
If you're feeling extravagant, treat yourselves, you won't regret it

2  Thank IlovedogsCoventry
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were made to feel very welcome and shown very politely to where we wanted to go. The cloakroom and facilities are as you would expect in a hotel with this name and once again the service was excellent.

3  Thank Jim W

Dear "Jim W",

Thank you for your very kind review, I am delighted to share your words with our teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was taken to Claridges for my birthday by my friend. The whole experience was fantastic and we were thoroughly spoilt by all the staff. The food was excellent and you could eat as much as you wanted and we were encouraged to eat more and the tea/coffee was also limitless. Towards the end of the meal I was brought a small birthday cake with a candle and the plate had Happy Birthday written in chocolate. Our waitress Alex offered to take a photo of us both which I didnt think would be allowed and she couldnt have been nicer.

The only downside was that Claridges add their own tip on to the bill which was about 20% and I would prefer to decide how much tip and I am going to give and to whom.

We also went into the bar before we went for afternoon tea and had two Pimms and Lemonade and with the tip again added on it was £26!!!!! I went to another venue a few days later and the Pimms cost us £4! I know you pay extra for the experience but that is just too much....
Even with these negatives I would recommend that everyone goes for afternoon tea here. I will definately be going again but you do have to book months in advance

3  Thank Br0lga

Dear "Br0lga"

Thank you for a lovely review on the Foyer at Claridge's. I am delighted to read that your friend and yourself enjoyed Afternoon Tea as much as you did, especially as it was to celebrate your birthday.

The service charge here at Claridge's is 12.5% which is generally the norm in London but, of course, this service charge is discretionary.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best wishes,