“Fish and Chips!”

The Sea Shell Of Lisson Grove
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sea Shell Of Lisson Grove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,419 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: For over 60 years The Seashell of Lisson Grove has been serving the best traditional British fish and chips and has gained a great reputation with everyone from fans of good food to famous celebrities. As the venue consists of two parts, a newly refurbished restaurant and a take away, The Seashell is perfect place for a business lunch, dinner with friends and family, or a quick bite on the go. Through its commitment to fresh and conscientiously sourced products, our restaurant seeks to ensure that your meal is as environmentally-friendly as it is enjoyable. As we are striving to support local businesses, we are proud of using finest locally grown or sourced ingredients and products such as potatoes from local farms for our chips or cider made from 100% British apples. For us its all about keeping it fresh, delicious and local. Therefore, whether you want to grab a quick bite of top quality traditional fish and chips in a take away or indulge yourself with a delicious dinner in the restaurant, The Seashell of Lisson Grove is the place to go.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Loved this restaurant! If you are looking for fish and chips, this is the place to go. Lots of seating and good service make this place an excellent choice.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We dined here half a decade ago or so on a cab driver's recommendation. It was superb. So on a return visit to London town we headed to Lisson Grove again. We found the same gracious unhurried service and the fish and chips remain top of our list. There is a diverse menu but this writer goes for the haddock, my wife chose plaice. One has the option of fried or grilled. Our choice was fried and the main plate was quite delectable. A side salad had an excellent combination of greens. The fish was appropriately cooked and I have more evidence that this is a mandatory stop for the fish and chips victuals.
I emphasize the service is friendly and efficient. The food is worthy of a return visit. Thank you Sea Shell.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I first visited in the late 1980's and it was an excellent deal. Returning to the area a few months ago I re-visited the Takeaway. Fish is average, a good deal is Popcorn Cod, but the experience is very variable, sometimes in a box, sometimes in a tray and bags. The real concern is the standard of the chips - often scrapes of re-fried potatoes, complete with bits of brown, often barely cooked.

The plus is the free ketchup - however, it may be better to pay for a better quality condiment. This is now an average Fish & Chip Shop. Buy if you are passing, but don't go out of your way.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a chaotic, badly managed hot mess of a restaurant... We booked in advance and had to wait at least 20 mins to be seated at a dirty table

Our drinks took a further 20 mins to arrive

The food is ridiculously over priced ... Dover Sole at £32.50? This place is not Scott's or J Sheekey so why the inflated prices

The service is incredibly sloppy and the food is well below average

Do not waste your time and money on this mediocre restaurant

A horrible and disappointing experience

2  Thank BPBMM
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had fish and chips here years ago. OK, actually I was a college student doing an overseas study about 29 years ago to be exact. I recall finding this place and getting fish and chips wrapped in newspaper from the take away window and sitting outside eating them. They were so memorable that it was a priority to find this place again on our trip back last week. So maybe I'm being a bit unfair but there was just nothing memorable about this place this time. I kind of wish we had just stayed at a pub and had fish and chips there. They were fine, came out extremely hot and fresh so that's good. I just had the cod. My husband had bangars and mash since he's not really a fish guy. It was an expensive lunch and the service was a bit slow. I think you can find better for less in a pub.