“Nice place to stay despite the reception”

SACO Holborn - Lamb's Conduit St
Ranked #37 of 931 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It was our first time staying at Saco Holborn. We liked the location of the apartments. It was close enough to walk to most places. We ended up walking with our luggage to St. Pancras to catch the train to Paris; it was about a 10 minute walk. Our initial perception of the place was lukewarm as the receptionist really did not give us any talk about the place. I.e. rules, internet, where the garbage was located, the welcome pack in the room. I got most of my info from the binder in the room. She was trying to upsell someone who was just checking in that day as well, the internet package. I spoke up and said that I was told via email that there was complimentary internet. And then she said, oh yes. but it is slower. Neither one of us was planning on streaming anything. The free internet is sufficient for checking email. Although it would lock you out after one daily entry.

The location was great. There is an awesome italian restaurant downstairs that was always busy. Make reservations there if you want to eat. The pub downstairs on the corner is famous. Couldn't really go with the kids. It is around the corner from Coram's Fields which my 9 and 11 year old kids loved. We had to go everyday for the zipline. The nearest tube station is Russell Square. Near that was a food/shopping court with a full supermarket there. The restaurants were nice there too. The tube station is a hassle because you had to wait for a lift to get up and down to the station. The only thing about this place that I would really warn people about is the noise level. While we were there, they were experiencing a heat wave. Although, there is no air conditioning, you were fine if you left the windows open. However,

Overall, I highly recommend this place. Except for the unfriendly woman who "greeted" us the first day. The other people in the office were nice and helpful when I had questions. Also, there is in room washer and dryer--one unit. The dryer hot steams your clothes, doesn't really dry them. But it is so hot and steamy, that when you take it out and drape it something, it will dry.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mei S
Lilian C, Manager at SACO Holborn - Lamb's Conduit St, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at SACO Holborn. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and were impressed by the location and standard of the apartments. I am sorry to hear you did not feel the receptionist on duty gave you an introduction to the way things work ie the rules, garbage disposal and internet information. I can assure you we are addressing this aspect of your feedback within the team. I am glad to hear though that these questions were answered in the guest information folder in the apartment.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to SACO in the foreseeable future.
Best Regards,

Lilian Clarke
Apartment Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in this apartment for approx 3 weeks whilst working in London. We had a 2 bed, 2 bathroom apartment with a combined kitchen and lounge. The apartment was well equipped, towels and all kitchen appliances were included. The check in was next door to the apartment block and the office is open long hours incase you have a problem - for example we asked for additional sheets and they were provided. On arrival we received a welcome pack which included milk and water in the fridge, cereal, hot chocolate, toiletries and choclate bars which was much appreciated. We purchased the internet access which was good and realiable although it was a little annoying you had to plug in the access code every time you wanted to access the net. The location is brilliant, 8 minutes walk from Russell Square station and about 15 minutes walk from Chancery Lane tube station. The area is a little noisy at night as there is a pub nearby but this did not bother us with the windows closed and the noise seemed to quieten down quite early. The location is also good for Oxford Street, Covent Garden and Leicester Square. Underneath the apartment block there is a local supermarket which was really handy for purchasing everyday items. There is also several restaurants nearby, the Italian a few doors down the road was very good, however it may be advisable to book. I am not sure how the apartment works out price wise, but it is worth considering especially if you are staying for more than a few nights.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jade P
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have enjoyed my staying very much. It has an excellent location; street is lovely. It’s close to City, Soho, Covent Garden, Oxford Street. Apartment has nice, modern equipment. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at SACO Holborn for 3 nights and I enjoyed my stay. The apartment was clean and fully equipped. The kitchen was clean with utensils and complimentary detergents and washing machine tablets. They were very handy. Free milk in the fridge and coffee, tea and cookies. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was great. The location is central and close to the station. Around 10mins walk. This made shopping very easy. The apartment is very close to Great Ormond Street Hospital. I will definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Arabiantravel
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Saco Holborn in two years and each time we have enjoyed our stay immensely. The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well equipped, and the larger penthouse apartments on the top floor are worth every penny. The location is great and the west end is easily accessible from nearby underground and bus stops. The staff have looked after us well, and are always on hand to provide useful advice for tourists on where to go and what to see. We have stayed with SACO in Bath and Bristol as well and each time have been very satisfied with our stay, the facilities and the staff. I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for comfortable, affordable accommodation right across the country.

Room Tip: The large apartments on the top floor are fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nd1979
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Have stayed here twice now - at Easter weekend with my family and again a couple of weeks ago when in London with work.
It's a great apartment, very clean and stylish, just like a hotel but with plenty of space and all the facilities you could need. Loads of restaurants and bars and shops and Starbucks etc within 5 mins and so close to tube station or main roads.
I was driving both times and parking on the premises, not a ten minute walk away is perfect.

It's great if you have kids and need a bit more space, or if you're staying for a while and get sick of a hotel room.
We'll be back for Christmas shopping next month!!!

Room Tip: The sun terrace on the top floor is brilliant. Typically raining while we were there but would be cl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

When I stayed at Saco my watch and money were taken from my room. I set up a camera in my room and caught a random person coming and going through my drawers. There was no forced entry and Saco would not let me see the RFID logs (people who came from the doors) - the camera in the lobby is fake - security is drastically lacking at this hotel. I would not recommend staying here unless you want your stuff to disappear with no accountability from management. Worst management team - DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank Eddie A
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, feedback is essential for our continuous improvement. I am really sorry that our service did not meet with your expectations on this occassion. This was a serious matter at the time (August 2011) that involved a full investigation, including the police and SACO's London Area Manager. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and as a result of nothing being proven after the investigation and your departure from SACO Holborn, that this matter was dealt with accordingly. Security is of paramount importance to our guests and staff and this was the first and last time we have ever had to deal with an incident like this. I can only apologise that you are still frustrated and if you would like to discuss further I can be contacted directly on lclarke@sacoapartments.com.

Best Regards,