“Convenient location and roomy apartment”

SACO Holborn - Lamb's Conduit St
Ranked #37 of 930 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in this apartment for approx 3 weeks whilst working in London. We had a 2 bed, 2 bathroom apartment with a combined kitchen and lounge. The apartment was well equipped, towels and all kitchen appliances were included. The check in was next door to the apartment block and the office is open long hours incase you have a problem - for example we asked for additional sheets and they were provided. On arrival we received a welcome pack which included milk and water in the fridge, cereal, hot chocolate, toiletries and choclate bars which was much appreciated. We purchased the internet access which was good and realiable although it was a little annoying you had to plug in the access code every time you wanted to access the net. The location is brilliant, 8 minutes walk from Russell Square station and about 15 minutes walk from Chancery Lane tube station. The area is a little noisy at night as there is a pub nearby but this did not bother us with the windows closed and the noise seemed to quieten down quite early. The location is also good for Oxford Street, Covent Garden and Leicester Square. Underneath the apartment block there is a local supermarket which was really handy for purchasing everyday items. There is also several restaurants nearby, the Italian a few doors down the road was very good, however it may be advisable to book. I am not sure how the apartment works out price wise, but it is worth considering especially if you are staying for more than a few nights.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jade P

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have enjoyed my staying very much. It has an excellent location; street is lovely. It’s close to City, Soho, Covent Garden, Oxford Street. Apartment has nice, modern equipment. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at SACO Holborn for 3 nights and I enjoyed my stay. The apartment was clean and fully equipped. The kitchen was clean with utensils and complimentary detergents and washing machine tablets. They were very handy. Free milk in the fridge and coffee, tea and cookies. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was great. The location is central and close to the station. Around 10mins walk. This made shopping very easy. The apartment is very close to Great Ormond Street Hospital. I will definetely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Arabiantravel
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Saco Holborn in two years and each time we have enjoyed our stay immensely. The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well equipped, and the larger penthouse apartments on the top floor are worth every penny. The location is great and the west end is easily accessible from nearby underground and bus stops. The staff have looked after us well, and are always on hand to provide useful advice for tourists on where to go and what to see. We have stayed with SACO in Bath and Bristol as well and each time have been very satisfied with our stay, the facilities and the staff. I would strongly recommend them to anyone looking for comfortable, affordable accommodation right across the country.

Room Tip: The large apartments on the top floor are fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nd1979
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Have stayed here twice now - at Easter weekend with my family and again a couple of weeks ago when in London with work.
It's a great apartment, very clean and stylish, just like a hotel but with plenty of space and all the facilities you could need. Loads of restaurants and bars and shops and Starbucks etc within 5 mins and so close to tube station or main roads.
I was driving both times and parking on the premises, not a ten minute walk away is perfect.

It's great if you have kids and need a bit more space, or if you're staying for a while and get sick of a hotel room.
We'll be back for Christmas shopping next month!!!

Room Tip: The sun terrace on the top floor is brilliant. Typically raining while we were there but would be cl...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

When I stayed at Saco my watch and money were taken from my room. I set up a camera in my room and caught a random person coming and going through my drawers. There was no forced entry and Saco would not let me see the RFID logs (people who came from the doors) - the camera in the lobby is fake - security is drastically lacking at this hotel. I would not recommend staying here unless you want your stuff to disappear with no accountability from management. Worst management team - DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank Eddie A
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, feedback is essential for our continuous improvement. I am really sorry that our service did not meet with your expectations on this occassion. This was a serious matter at the time (August 2011) that involved a full investigation, including the police and SACO's London Area Manager. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and as a result of nothing being proven after the investigation and your departure from SACO Holborn, that this matter was dealt with accordingly. Security is of paramount importance to our guests and staff and this was the first and last time we have ever had to deal with an incident like this. I can only apologise that you are still frustrated and if you would like to discuss further I can be contacted directly on lclarke@sacoapartments.com.

Best Regards,

Lilian Clarke
Apartment Manager

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed in a 2 bedroomed apartment (for 3 adults) in May and had no major issues. In fact may be considering coming back.

Good points:
- Booked through laterooms for what i felt was a very reasonable price for a 2 bedroomed self-catering apartment in London. Got a confirmation email reasonably quickly from SACO and I was reassured that parking (important for me) space availability would not be a problem.
- Extremely spacious lounge with kitchen (fully equipped), dining table and sofa. One of the rooms was en-suite(other big bathroom in hallway) and were a reasonable size (maybe cosy for some but with a living room/lounge that spacious, it didn't matter to us). It also had a dishwasher and clothes washer/dryer
- Close to tube stations (Holborn and Russell Square) and easy walking distance to Covent Garden/Kings Cross etc.
- Clean (important to me too!). Though there was some evidence of minor wear and tear but that didn't surprise or put us off.
- Parking: For £15 pounds a day ... no complaints there (for central london! ... note: it is in the London congestion charging zone but we were aware of that).
- We requested a high floor and got it. A few pubs around the corner and that can get abit lively but withe windows shut, we hardly heard a thing (for central london!)
- Although there was no air-conditioning, we had asked for fans for which they kindly provided us with. We were happy with fans.
- Welcome pack came in very handy
- People's supermarket immediately below the apartments provided us with most of the other stuff we required. Within a radius of 50-100 yards, there were a few coffee shops, pubs, restaurants and a park. Great Ormond Street Paediatric Hospital was directly in front of the apartment but without an Emergency Department, there was minimal noise from ambulances.

Things to improve (scraping bottom of barrel here):
- As above: some evidence of wear and tear.
- Our telly remote's battery was on it's last legs but hey .. we were in London for a holiday and watching TV just wasn't on the "to do" list.
- Milk was mentioned in the "welcome pack" but it wasn't in the fridge. Hey ho ... we bought some milk from downstairs. No big deal to us.

So ... if I needed to come to London with/without a car, I'd come back (provided the rates remain reasonable!)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Abz_Has
Lilian C, Manager at SACO Holborn - Lamb's Conduit St, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review SACO HOLBORN. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and were impressed by the location of our apartments and the amenities provided. I am also happy to hear your additional requests for a higher floor and fans for the apartment were honoured. I have taken on board your comments on improving and would like to apologise for the lack of milk in the fridge on your arrival which was overlooked. We would have promptly resolved this had we been made aware on your arrival. Additionally, we are currently undergoing a phased refurbishment programme to address the wear and tear that you have mentioned was evident.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SACO in the near future.

Best Regards,