“Great pastries!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our first visit to a Paterisserie Valerie, and I have to say the pastries are great. I know the French are supposed to be good at this sort of thing, and this certainly didn't disappoint. The service was slick and speedy. It's certainly 'cosy', but with London property prices and business rates, I guess that they have to pack 'em in.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I know this chain of coffee shops well and they serve great coffee and some wonderful pastries.

Passed by with the family as we were discussing 'snack time' so we went in.

The waiter on duty was exceptionally rude - grunting and pointing at a table. I started to tell him what we wanted but he said "wait" and walked away. We sat in a half empty shop for 5 mins and he hadn't returned - so we just got up and left.

1  Thank Paul F
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We just had a carry out coffee and croissant, but this really was great - croissants very light and buttery, coffees and teas excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly too.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Had a salade nicoise and it was absolutely awful. Limp lettuce, the cheapest possible tinned potatoes, sad shrivelled anchovies, unswallowably dry tinned tuna and olives like bits of old tyre - for £10! Hopeless service - when I said I wasn't happy with the food the waitress (who barely spoke English) looked scared and ran away and did nothing about it. My elderly relative had a good-looking but tasteless and cardboardy cake - thankfully there was decent coffee to wash the taste away. Had we not been late for the theatre I'd have demanded my money back. Do not eat here. You could do better from a bin.

1  Thank clb222
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lovely ,smiley ,friendly staff.
Ordered Eggs Florentine. Slightly disappointed that the poached eggs had been made in an egg poacher. too uniformed in shape.They sat on toasted brioche with a very thick,bright yellow Hollandaise, too sweet and a little cloying. The spinach was nicely cooked.
Washed down with a tasty hot chocolate , which would have been served warmer, had the "owner"/"manager" not discussed paperwork with the waitress, on the shop floor!
A good place to sit and watch the world go by.